• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Musicode

Musicode

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Is there anybody out there with a haswell system and an ALC892 codec who has any success with the sound?

I stopped using my hack because of all the sound glitches im getting.And i have tried everything.

1 Different browser  - flash plug in

2 Different smbios (imac14.2 atm)

3 Different versions of applehda and different ways to inject my sound (dsdt or ssdt or injector.kext)

4 Different sound quality (in midi settings)

If there is anyone who can help me on that matter i would be greatful and i cant be using the black jack since im multibooting with windows 7.

solved http://www.insanelym...sound-problems/

slemblod

slemblod

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

I use this and it works for me, in combination with the Clover boot loader, which I use to patch the binary and inject LayoutID=1.

The binary should be patched from

ixnUEQ==

to

kgjsEA==

If you are having issues, you can try my automated script for creating a bootable Clover USB, and when it asks you which disk to install to, enter your hackintosh's drive (usually disk0). Then use the tool by pikeralpha (the first link).

Musicode

Musicode

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

i use the same method but with chameleon. i dont think clover will do any difference. 

slemblod

slemblod

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Are you sure you are using the right LayoutID? E.g. 0, 1, 2...

Have you patched the binary? This is usually done with perl.

Musicode

Musicode

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

My sound is working but after a couple of minutes it gets really annoying,

Are you telling me that you have 0 sound glitches while playing videos on youtube or watching a movie?

If yes can you give me more detail about your system? Like OS ver, dsdt ssdt?

slemblod

slemblod

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
Yes, working flawlessly. Clover is the best. (v2652)

OS X 10.9.2
No DSDT (though Clover patches some things on-the-fly)
No SSDT (though Clover patches some things on-the-fly)
Other system specs see my signature.

Musicode

Musicode

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Well i tried clover and i got the same exact problems.

After a couple of minutes my sound gets jerky and sometimes its lost completely.

0 sound problems in windows.

slemblod

slemblod

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

I am using the ports directly on the motherboard (the green IIRC). Maybe try them? And/or my config.plist (attached).

And I configured Clover like this:

Attached File  Screen Shot 2014-04-19 at 07.49.44.png   52.51KB   6 downloads

Attached Files

Musicode

Musicode

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Thanks mate i will give it another try :)

Can you also tell me which bios you are using?

slemblod

slemblod

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

At the moment I am using version F8, but the new version F9 is out (have not tried it). Both can be downloaded from here.

Musicode

Musicode

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

im using f9 already :)

slemblod

slemblod

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

That might be the issue. Try reinstalling F8 maybe? Though I do not know if that is even possible…

Musicode

Musicode

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

nah i had same issues with F8 as well..im gonna try a clean install with clover and your config.

Musicode

Musicode

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

well i tried everything..

- new install with clover or chameleon

- chrome or firefox

- changed from back panel to front panel (to make sure its not a jack detection issue)

also changed from read green to black

- custom dsdt-ssdt or auto generated

- different sound inject methods

- different AppleHDA versions

- iMac14.2 or MapPro6.1 with patched plist

- F8 and F9 bios 

In any case i end up wtih sound glitches and interruptions.

In 10.8.5 i can watch flash videos but while i do that my friends on skype are complaining about my voice.

Same thing happens when i download something or transfer data from one HD to another or over my lan network.

My voice will instantly get back to normal once i change something in the midi settings panel.

In 10.9 i cant even watch flash videos they just stop playing.

It has to do with power management.I cant find any other reason.

I have 0 sound problems in windows.

slemblod

slemblod

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Hmm. I just found this. I do not think it will make any difference, but who knows?

Been trying to use it myself, but the instructions are confusing… According to some Russian forum I Google Translated, you should:

• Place the realtekALC.kext in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.9/
  • Download toleda's ALC892 files and extract layout1.xml.zlib and Platforms.xml.zlib
  • Rename them to layout1.zml.zlib and Platforms.zml.zlib and move them to /S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/
  • Add a section to the KernelAndKextPatches section of Clover's config.plist (assuming your EFI partition is mounted at /Volumes/EFI/):
    1. config=/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist
    2. /usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Add :KernelAndKextPatches:KextsToPatch:1 dict" $config
    3. /usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Add :KernelAndKextPatches:KextsToPatch:1:Comment string 'AppleHDA Patch xml>zml'" $config
    4. /usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Add :KernelAndKextPatches:KextsToPatch:1:Name string AppleHDA" $config
    5. /usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Add :KernelAndKextPatches:KextsToPatch:1:Find data eG1sLnps" $config
    6. /usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Add :KernelAndKextPatches:KextsToPatch:1:Replace data em1sLnps" $config
    7. perl -pi -e 's/ZUcxc0xucHM=/eG1sLnps/g' $config
    8. perl -pi -e 's/ZW0xc0xucHM=/em1sLnps/g' $config

• This should (if I am understanding it correctly) patch the vanilla AppleHDA binary to load the .zml.zlib files, and prevent Apple from overwriting them with updates.

Musicode

Musicode

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

I tried that already and i had the same result.i just found a temp solution and it is related to power management.

When i use a haswell smbios like iMac14.2 i get all those glitches with my audio.

When i use MacPro3.1 or 6.1 i have no audio problems besides the jack detection issue.(i will edit my AppleHDA for that one np)

Haswell power management gives me all the glitches i mentioned above.

......In 10.8.5 i can watch flash videos but while i do that my friends on skype are complaining about my voice.

Same thing happens when i download something or transfer data from one HD to another or over my lan network.

My voice will instantly get back to normal once i change something in the midi settings panel.

In 10.9 i cant even watch flash videos they just stop playing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy