Dell Optiplex 755 users?

cyberderf

4 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Just got this working: OS X 10.9.3 Beta (13D45a) 

with these Kexts:

AppleACPIPlatform.kext

AppleAHCIPort.kext

IOAHCIFamily.kext

IOPCIFamily.kext

VoodooHDA.kext

and to get rid of "Black Screen" on boot (for my GT-640 and maybe other NVIDIA GPUs)

NVDAResman.kext

NVDAGK100Hal.kext

used kextstat | grep NV

to find out what kexts I was using n 10.9.2

@cyberderf

I did a software update to the beta(13D45a) on 10.9.2 (I usually maintain an identical partition as backup -- not a this moment though - now one partition is 10.9.3 and the other is 10.9.2). Whenever I have to "overwrite" a kext with a past version kext I save it in Extra folder and in my dropbox, so the top set were originally saved from 10.8 (I think) and NV set were newly copied from 10.9.2 and now all are stored in my dropbox for future reference.

@cyberderf

The process was a follows:

Did the software update to beta and got KP.

Added the same kexts (the first set) that I needed to install atop 10.9.2 by booting into the 10.9.2 partition and using kextwizard on the 10.9.3 partition.

This time it got further along and just before you would expect the UI to come up (i.e. logon prompt) the screen goes black.

Reviewed "namcom" in this thread: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/296629-os-x-mavericks-1093-to-dev/

Thanks @nawcom

booted into the 10.9.2 partition and used kextwizard to install the NV set of kexts onto the 10.9.3 partition.

Finally able to boot / log into 10.9.3. I have not come across any problems during my typical use of this 10.9.3 beta.