• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

kill454

kill454

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I've gotten most of the hardware for my Dell XPS 13 (L322X) working, but HD4000 graphics just won't work. I can turn on GraphicsEnabler and set my resolution to 1080p in Chameleon, and it will boot in 1080p, but Graphics Acceleration doesn't work (non-translucent menu bar).

I have an i7-3537u. I've tried multiple SMBios presets, but at this point I'm lost. I have to boot with -f, or else it won't boot, so would that be a problem?

chris1111

chris1111

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 889 posts

I've gotten most of the hardware for my Dell XPS 13 (L322X) working, but HD4000 graphics just won't work. I can turn on GraphicsEnabler and set my resolution to 1080p in Chameleon, and it will boot in 1080p, but Graphics Acceleration doesn't work (non-translucent menu bar).

I have an i7-3537u. I've tried multiple SMBios presets, but at this point I'm lost. I have to boot with -f, or else it won't boot, so would that be a problem?

Have look to this post   ;)

http://www.insanelym...g-platfor-r1005

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,045 posts

If Chameleon is unable to detect the correct PCIRoot, GraphicsEnabler (as well as EthernetBuiltIn) will not work.

PCIRoot can be either 0 or 1. Chameleon defaults to 0 when it is unable to read the correct value.

If 0 happens to be wrong, it's necessary to manually set PciRoot=1 in /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

See the pinned topic titled "Tequila Fix" in one of the DSDT sub forums for more information about this.

kill454

kill454

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Sorry, I'm not exactly an expert on this stuff. I have no idea how to use the information in this link...

http://www.insanelym...g-platfor-r1005

What is the Chameleon_2260_GMA.zip file for? Do I use both IntelCapriFB and InjectIntel-ig? What values should I use for the former? How do I find my ig-platform-id for the latter?

I fixed the need to use -f to boot by installing the latest FakeSMC, but graphics are still driving me insane!

I need some steps to try, a starting point to troubleshoot this issue. I've tried PCIRootUID = 0 and 1. I have SMBios set to MacBookAir5,2, but I don't know if that is correct or not tbh

kill454

kill454

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Ok, for some reason I don't have a appleintelhd4000graphics.kext in S/L/E, could someone upload theirs for 10.9.2?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: HD4000, XPS 13, GraphicsEnabler, Dell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy