Mavericks Freezes at 'console 1024 x 768 @ 0xd0000000'

nsandman09

9 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am trying to install Mavericks on an old Shuttle SN21G5 with the following setup (as more of an experiment than anything, really; I know the hardware is outdated):

CPU: 2.4ghz AMD Athlon 64 3800+

Graphics:

• GPU 0, Currently hosting DVI monitor: 128MB nVidia Geforce 6600 GT (DVI, VGA, S-Video Out)
  • GPU 1, 256MB built-in nVidia GeForce 6100 (VGA Out)

RAM: 1GB DDR 333mhz (Using workaround for install until I can purchase more)

When booting from a USB drive that has niresh's Mavericks (10.9.0, I believe), I previously got the [PCI Configuration Begin] hang. I fixed that by using either the 'pci=off' or 'pci=acpi' flag. Now, it gets a single line past that and says 'console 1024 x 768 @ 0xd0000000'. Then, the disk light stops blinking, and, after some time, the metal flash drive cools off. This means it's not reading, so therefore not booting from it. From the few threads I've found about this, it seems like it's still related to PCI, though I may be wrong. However, I cannot install any kexts that could possibly fix this error. If my computer doesn't use Extensions.mkext, and boots with the S/L/E folder myfix made (and I extracted Extensions.mkext into), it causes this kernel panic (Click for larger):

photo.jpg

I also cannot rebuild the mkext, because it gives this (sorry about the gray text, it's from yesterday's session):

Screen_Shot_2014_04_15_at_12_45_53_PM.jp

The only kext that gets added is myHack.kext.

Also, here is a picture of the current hang.

image.jpg

Thanks, and any help is appreciated. :D

you sure that this processor is 64bits?

Yeah, it's an AMD Athlon 64. I've run 64 bit versions of things on it all the time.

Just curious, do you think it's a graphics error or was it seperate when you said my graphics wouldn't work?

Sorry, I just realized how obviously that's graphics :/

Please create a new photo so that we can read the problem. The images are useless. We must be able to read the contents of the panic message most accurate, because otherwise we can not help .. Thank you for your understanding

Please create a new photo so that we can read the problem. The images are useless. We must be able to read the contents of the panic message most accurate, because otherwise we can not help .. Thank you for your understanding

Sorry about that, I'll start re-taking them right now

Although if the problem is that they're too small, just click, but yes, I realize that they're just terrible pictures.

Sorry again.

Hm...

Sorry, but I don't have access to a better camera right now. The best thing I have is an old iPhone 3GS.

If I do get access to another one, I'll re-take them.

try remove all graphics kext from the USBInstaller and this flag: -f -v -x npci=0x2000

The flags I have right now are

-v npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=1 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but -f ignores the kextcache? Because that would result in a kernel panic.

I haven't tried -x, I'll see if Safe Mode helps.

Where are the graphics kexts? The only kexts in Extensions.mkext are not related to graphics, and /Extra/Extensions is empty.