DELL 15R 5521 10.9.2 lot of things to fix (HD4000 first one)

7 posts in this topic

Hello everybody!

As my signature, I've got a Dell 15r 5521 with intel hd 4000 plus ati radeon 8730M.

I know that the radeon probably will never work, but my problem is to enable the HD4000.

I think that is partially working but only with 4MB (?!?!!?) of VRAM, possible? (instead 1024!!!) Picture :)

In my org.chameleon.boot.plist I set the number 4 injection for Capri, but the sistem pick the number 9 ?!

Also tried to put a smbios.plist for mackbook pro 9.2 in the Extra folder, but thing doesn't change.

Any help would reeeeeeeeeally appreciated!!!

post-418374-0-42692000-1397423846_thumb.jpg

post-418374-0-89382500-1397423910_thumb.jpg

The problem is that I've tryed all the numbers from that list for capri :wacko:

One thing: for install mavericks 10.9.2 I've renamed kext in the usb pendrive to boot in S/L/E AppleIntelHd** and also AppleIntelSB** (if I remember well).

Could be a problem that the installation doesn't copied them in the right way?

DONE, YEAH!!! :D

I've take the correct kext from the usb installation boot and put on the hard disk with kext installer!

Then with capri n°4 i had got four desktop in the screen, tried n°3 and perfectly working!

Now Intel HD4000 with 1024VRAM and translucent osx bar on the top of the screen!

NEXT THING to work on: AUDIO!

Mmmm where must I start? I don't know if is correct but my dell 15R 5521 use a Realteck 3321 as audio codec, but i don't see any compatibility

DONE, ALSO AUDIO WORK  :yes:

I've used the VoodooHDA kext, version 284

NEXT THING to work on: BATTERY AND POWER IN GENERAL!

For this one I don't really know where to start! Search button a lot I think

So, if i read carefully your link I must:

- generate an SSDT with P and C states (because i've got 10.9.2 with chameleon that is superior to 10.7.4)

curl -o ssdtPRGen.sh https://raw.github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/master/ssdtPRGen.sh
chmod +x ssdtPRGen.sh
./ssdtPRGen.sh

- Put SSDT.aml in Extra folder, enable the option with DropSSDT=Yes in chameleon

Then if works I've finished

If it doesn't work I must patch AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement with AICPMPatch.zip.

Correct?

Thank you again for your kindness!

hello

yes only

DropSSDT=Yes

P and C-States=No

because u have the ssdt generate by the script.. with states

and i think u must patch the appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext

good hack

• 5 weeks later...

Hey could you please tell me how you got chameleon to work? I tried Chimera and it didn't work. Similarly Chameleon shouldn't work because it's legacy and the 15R is UEFI, so they shouldn't appear. Unless you reinstalled windows 8 with legacy. Please tell me what you did because I'm in a dead end right now :(