Problem With MacBook Pro 13" 2009 (A1278)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

soldvit

soldvit

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hi Guys!

I have a problem with my macbook. 

Few months ago I replaced my spilled keyboard and after that iSight camera doesn't works anymore. 

Today I decided do fix it. After disassembly I noticed that there is some deformed pins in camera/wifi connector. I fixed that and after booting my mac I was surprised - the camera works. I make a FaceTime call and camera really works great, without any problems. But later i noticed that CPU fan spins at max (sounds noisy) and CPU runs at only 796 MHz all the time. I was trying to boot with unplugged camera connector but it doesn't helps.

Please tell, what can I do with it.

Thanks.

Lotustar

Lotustar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:MUSIC!! Was in a band called Euphobia with the drummer for Collective Soul and have worked with...

Could be a sensor problem. After a liquid spill there really is no telling. I'm assuming you are getting your fan reading from iStat? I would try downloading smcfancontrol and set the speed a bit lower as long as you temps arent too high.

LouCioccio

LouCioccio

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

http://support.apple...US&locale=en_US

Try this if you haven't already.  

Lou Cioccio

soldvit

soldvit

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

http://support.apple...US&locale=en_US

Try this if you haven't already.  

Lou Cioccio

Thanks pal. I`ve tryed it now few times but not succeed. I`m also made a PRAM reset and after that my mac boots in system recovery.

Could be a sensor problem. After a liquid spill there really is no telling. I'm assuming you are getting your fan reading from iStat? I would try downloading smcfancontrol and set the speed a bit lower as long as you temps arent too high.

I`m getting CPU info in CPU-Z under bootcamped Windows 7. BTW iStat has same optional functions as smcfancontrol. Thanks for your reply.

soldvit

soldvit

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Ok. So now after few (LOL) SMC resets CPU seems to be works fine, i mean speedstep but fan is still running at full speed all the time :(

Update: CPU speed is low again and speedstep doesn`t works. system is very laggy again.

Kennyman

Kennyman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 47 posts

I would suggest to replace the thermal paste and then do a pram reset.

soldvit

soldvit

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I would suggest to replace the thermal paste and then do a pram reset.

Thanks man. Thermal paste is pretty fresh and PRAM reset doesn`t helped. I was already lost any hope to fix it by myself but I decided to do a final strike :) I`ve just disassembled macbook, clean the motherboard, assembled it and OMG... it works fine so far.

Kennyman

Kennyman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 47 posts

Thanks man. Thermal paste is pretty fresh and PRAM reset doesn`t helped. I was already lost any hope to fix it by myself but I decided to do a final strike :) I`ve just disassembled macbook, clean the motherboard, assembled it and OMG... it works fine so far.

Great :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy