r9 270 dual screens

johnnieh

1 post in this topic

So I am fairly new to this hackintosh thing,   I have managed to get my system up and running with chameleon loader.  I am trying to get dual displays to work, but am having limited success in doing so.  About every three boots mavericks will load for me no problem on dual screens, the other two times out of three it will boot to white screen on both monitors.  If I plug in one monitor to my HDMI port on GPU and boot mavericks then plug in secondary monitor to DVI port after everything has loaded they will both work.  

So far I have tried using Vlada's driver package,

And also tried using all different framebuffer personalities for AMD HD 7xxx.  Using any other framebuffer had the exact same results where every three or so boots would work with white screen the rest of the time.

Has anyone had this problem? or does anyone know how I would go about fixing it?

Thank you

My Hackintosh build is as follows:

Asus z87 pro mobo

intel i7 3771 CPU

Gigabyte R9 270 GPU

using chameleon bootloader

Mavericks 10.9.2

EDIT: well dont i feel silly.  Sometimes it is best to keep it simple.  Turns out that by making my LG monitor the primary display with HDMI input, and the secondary monitor DVI everything works great.  Seems I had tried everything else under the sun from different cables to edited dsdt.  Lesson learned