Somebody please let me know if the Aorus X7 by Gigabyte is hackintoshable. It's gigabyte, so it might be.
I understand its hardware is way more than MAC OS needs but is it still possible to run the OS using a USB Boot or some other hackintosh technique, check the stats at the bottom.
I am very serious about buying this laptop due to how awesome it is for a thin model but I need to know if I can run Mac OS on it.
It has been said by hackintosh users that one of the usual problems with PC notebooks is that they use Nvidia's Optimus technology which Mac OS doesn't support. There's an interesting shortcoming with Optimus, it doesn't support SLI setups like the gpu's in the Aorus X7.
Thanks to all future contributors to this post.
Aorus X7 Specs: (Default Manufacturers Specs)
• Intel Core i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
• 16GB Memory 1TB HDD 2 x 128GB SSD
• Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M 2 x 2GB GDDR5 (its an SLI setup)
• 128 GB x2 SSD 1TB HDD
• 17.3"Full HD 1920x1080 LCD Backlight
• LAN: Killer LAN Chip, Wireless LAN: 802.11ac, Bluetooth: Bluetooth V4.0