Geforce 9650m GT: Screen goes crazy and than freezes (Mavericks)

mavericks 9650m GT 9650m screen death freeze mouse moves crazy screen freaks out videocard

Best Answer fantomas1, 10 April 2014 - 04:30 PM

hi

you should at first try to use MacBook Pro 5,1 smbios (or higher)  and not MacBook Pro 4,1, it seems to be more compatible with your graphics card

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

evilid

evilid

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Dear,

I have installed Mac OS X Mavericks on my hackintosh laptop (BTO S97V).

My screen worked very good in Snow leopard (10.6.8), but in Mavericks, my PC crashes all the time.

The specifications (are not quite right at the processor speed etc.):

MacBook Pro (4,1)

81W3V.jpg

These are a couple of things the screen is showing, when it is going crazy:

81W2O.jpg

81W5w.jpg

When I start my PC, and login to Mavericks, the screen right away is doing and showing strange things. First of all I can work on the PC, but I see well, a kind of 'color snow'. That 'color snow' is showing everywhere on the screen.

After that snow, the screen starts showing things as above in the picture and then completely freezes. I can move the mouse for a couple of seconds, but after that, I can't do a thing and I am forced to shut the laptop down (hard reset).

Does anybody have similar problems with this videocard in combination with Mavericks? Or can somebody tell me if I can do anything about it?

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

EvilID

fantomas1

fantomas1

InsanelyMacaholic

• Supervisors
  • 3,025 posts

Best Answer

hi

you should at first try to use MacBook Pro 5,1 smbios (or higher)  and not MacBook Pro 4,1, it seems to be more compatible with your graphics card

evilid

evilid

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Wow! I hadn't thought about changing the smbios, It is working. Thank you so much!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mavericks, 9650m GT, 9650m, screen, death, freeze, mouse moves, crazy, screen freaks out, videocard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy