Acer One 532h netbook wifi internet problems

1 post in this topic

I have an old Acer Aspire One 532H netbook that I installed 10.6.5 on. It is running surprisingly well. I have loaded what I think to be the correct kext for the wifi but I can't seem to get it to connect to the internet.

It shows that airport is on. It shows that I am "connected." But I can not go to any web pages. I have set it to dchp with manual address and added an unused address in the range of my router. I think the card is the Atheros ar5b95. I kind of a newb on the Mac OS so I'm thinking it is a settings issue that I'm missing. Thanks a ton for any help.

EDIT: When I look on my router admin the netbook is noted in the client list with only the mac address but no ip address is associated with it. I have the router set as the DCHP server. The Netbook shows connected and there is a "no internet alert" in the drop down. Safari will not load pages due to no internet.

EDIT:I have ethernet internet.

EDIT: I finally found that the card will not connect to a mixed signal/WPA2-AES that includes N mode. If I select G or B/G only then it will connect even if ti is WPA2 (10.6.7).