Bootcamp on hackintosh

24 posts in this topic

Hi to all.

First of all i want to thank truesoldier to sharing this with us.

Original post

If u want to add bootcamp control panel to windows on hackintosh u can follow this guide.

This will give u easy way to restart to OSX! like on this picture.

ScNjusr.png

And u will have working Control Panel BootCamp options.

H43wNzf.png

Apple HFS+ driver will also get installed.(Read only mode)

To achieve this we will need to change DMI data to match Apple machine.

Tools.

1. DMIEDITWINGUI DMIEDITWINGUI.zip

2. BootCamp5.1.5640 BootCamp5.1.5640.zip

3. SMBIOS_viewer from Slice SMBIOS_viewer.zip

Now what we must doo.

1. Boot in OSX and run dmidecode from SMBIOS_viewer.zip

dmidecode -i dump.bin

2. Save this screenoutput to some .txt file becouse we will use data from this file to update our DMI in windows.

3. Now boot to windows and run DMIEDIT.exe

4. Edit the green market spot with the Smbios value from your .txt file

5. Open Update drop-down menu and select All item Or single click <All> icon on Toolbar.

6. Restart pc to windows again.

Optional:Check if your DMI settings get saved using aida64 or cpu-z

FxYYQrw.png

LaA0wZ2.png

7. Run setup.exe from bootcamp5.1.5640.zip

8. Restart and after restart u have working bootcamp menu.

This Bootcamp tool can be off great help to us Ozmosis users becouse we dont have menu to select default OS,for Clover Users its great too if u use fastboot in clover and dont see Clover GUI,same goes for Chameleon but i didnt test this on Chameleon and Clover but i am sure it works.

Note: DMIEDIT cannot use copy/paste soo u need to enter all using keyboard!

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

I've never been a fan of editing DMI data like this. I like to keep my Hackintosh stuff hidden away from Windows. It's possible to install BootCamp without changing the DMI (assuming it was just to satisfy the installer check).

From an elevated command prompt just run msiexec /i /path/to/BootCamp.msi. To uninstall it just change the /i for a /x.

I just tried that here and installation worked, however whenever I select Boot to OS X (or the OS X partition in the Control Panel) it keeps booting into Windows. But then I have a multi-disk setup and my Windows install is MBR rather than GUID so maybe that's the reason it's failing. Or maybe it does need the DMI data, but I have a feeling it doesn't.

If anyone wants to try this and see if it works without the DMI edit that would be good.

• 4 months later...

Thanks for that guide, but I get:

# dmidecode 2.11b
Segmentation fault: 11

what's that?

----------------

Update: I used sudo and the segment ... line vanished!

---------------

Fixed: I run ./smbios-reader then the dmidecode

DMIEDIT is only AMI BIOS/UEFI compatible -_- I'll just give up for InsydeH2O

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

From an elevated command prompt just run msiexec /i /path/to/BootCamp.msi. To uninstall it just change the /i for a /x.

I just tried that here and installation worked, however whenever I select Boot to OS X (or the OS X partition in the Control Panel) it keeps booting into Windows. But then I have a multi-disk setup and my Windows install is MBR rather than GUID so maybe that's the reason it's failing. Or maybe it does need the DMI data, but I have a feeling it doesn't.

it did install alright, the Startup Disk Control Panel starts up in Windows (albeit I find it takes a lot of time for it to come up). But it still ignores my selection and will reboot into Windows every time. My Windows install is GUID.

it did install alright, the Startup Disk Control Panel starts up in Windows (albeit I find it takes a lot of time for it to come up). But it still ignores my selection and will reboot into Windows every time. My Windows install is GUID.

Just use http://www.easyuefi.com/index-us.html is far better/easy to use then hacking Apple {censored} on Windows...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Am I the only one confused AF when it says 

4. Edit the green market spot with the Smbios value from your .txt file

Under which category on the left? and In some I have multiple green highlighted rows. Could anyone clarify exactly where I'm supposed to put Smbios value? I would assume under Smbios header but I don't have any green rows there.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Am I the only one confused AF when it says 

Under which category on the left? and In some I have multiple green highlighted rows. Could anyone clarify exactly where I'm supposed to put Smbios value? I would assume under Smbios header but I don't have any green rows there.

Yeah I have no idea what they are trying to reference. dmidecode won't even run so I can't even try to figure out what values they are talking about. Oh well.

• 1 month later...

i can only see an advantage in this for Ozmosis users. for the rest of us, BootCamp Assistant on our hacks serves merely one purpose, which is creating Windows EFI install media from within Mac OS X. :D