• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Thebaster

Thebaster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hey everybody. I know im pretty far behind in development but....i was wondering if there were any guru's that could help me out.

My Netbook:

Compaq 110c-1100CA

intel N270 @1.6

2GB ram

300GbHDD

Intel 945g graphics

broadcom wifi

I have installed the iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 and a couple of kext's that i found to work nicely with my machine. everything is set up but the ethernet (don't really care about that).

Long story short i tried to install this and that app/program, nothing worked, told me i had to update...

so i clicked on the apple at the top left, clicked software update hoping for the best.

things downloaded, it said it was installing, about 2/3 done it crashes with alot of text in the background and i think with a semi grayed out circle, telling me i have to restart my computer.

My question is...

1. Can i just buy a intel copy of osx, put it in my ext-dvd and install, then load in the kexts?

2. what happened with the grey circle telling me to restart, kernal panic?

2b. if it wasn't a kernal panic, what is a kernal panic?

3. if i can update my current config, what would be my best plan of action, removing kexts, and updating? or fresh install + update then install kexts.

Tl:dr i feel like im using a windows 98 machine help!

Also, if there is anyone out there that needs help with this specific laptop model ill be sure to try and help you out as much as i can.

hopefully i can create a guide for this specific model.

Nick2014

Nick2014

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

1. Can i just buy a intel copy of osx, put it in my ext-dvd and install, then load in the kexts?  

2. what happened with the grey circle telling me to restart, kernal panic? 

2b. if it wasn't a kernal panic, what is a kernal panic?

3. if i can update my current config, what would be my best plan of action, removing kexts, and updating? or fresh install + update then install kexts.

1) No. I tried this on my HP Mini 110 with no luck

2) Screenshot?

2b) Again, screenshot?

3) Fresh install. I would try iAtkos 1.6 first, then if that does not work, try the retail image on a USB stick and load all of your kexts manually. Good luck!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Compaq, Leopard, Upgrade, 10.5.5, wont boot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy