So i've managed to do what seemed impossible: Run Snow Leopard on this machine.
I did this by following the tutorial made by the youtube user "mendietinha", kudos to him.
Since i don't have any dual layer dvds i copied all the contents of the 10.6.3 install disc to a HFS+ partition under linux, and started the installation from there using nawcom's modcd.
Everything went fine, all required kexts are installed and the system is running almost perfectly.
And all system and security updates are installed.
I have full QE/CI, audio, internet...
But there are a few minor problems which i would like to solve.
- After the update to 10.6.8, iTunes and DVD Player won't open ("Application closed unexpectedly!")
- The audio is stuttering, very choppy. Tried adjusting VoodooHDA settings but no avail.
- The hard drive icons are not shown in the desktop.
These are the only problems i found, the rest is perfect.
Is there anything i can do? Or could someone point me to a topic where i can find a solution?
- AMD Phenom 8450 X3 CPU at 2.11GHz
- 4GB 800MHz DDR2 RAM
- Foxconn M61PMV motherboard with Nvidia MCP61P chipset (AKA nForce 430)
- XFX Radeon HD 6450 1GB DDR3 64-Bit PCI-E 2.1 graphics card
- 1TB Samsung HD103SJ SATA 2 Hard Drive
- LG GH24NS95 SATA 2 DVD/CD burner.