Can I Run logic Pro X on aspire one D250 (or 532h)?

532h aspire one logic pro logic pro x D250

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

joshalva

joshalva

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hello,
I've got an asus 532h and a D250. I was asking myself if it could be possible to run Logic Pro X on one of them when I'll set OS. 

I'm going to use only logic Pro and i'm not interested on installing more than that..

Thanks in advance,

Joshalva

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Moderators
  • 3,769 posts

take a look here Asus - InsanelyMac Forum

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 297 posts
  • Interests:All technology, computers, network security, iOS app dev, etc

No. There's no way you can run that anywhere close to functional. After a track or two, the computer will be maxing out. Guaranteed.

Marugby123

InsanelyMac Netbook Moderator

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,822 posts

I use Logic Pro X on an EEEPC 1201n, 4GB of RAM, but I really don't know how the Atom 330 CPU compares to the D250. I can open up to 8 tracks, one being the Drummer A.I. track, before getting the dreaded system overload box and having to resort to freeze tracks and all that jazz. Heavy plug-ins like Native Instruments will let me use even fewer tracks. One interesting thing I noticed is that there's a graphics-related (yes, graphics) bottleneck, and to make the musical typing to work without lags, I must never zoom the track horizontally.  I suppose this would be even worse with your netbook, since its graphics aren't supported at all. That's it. Hope my experiences be of some help.

All the best!

P.S.: I forgot to mention that my 1201n is OC'd to 2 GHz.

P.P.S.: also, if I'm not wrong, the Aspire One D250 uses an Atom N270, of which the integrated graphics are supported by OSX up to Lion, but unfortunately is a 32-bit only CPU, meaning no Mountain Lion/Mavericks, thus no Logic Pro X.

P.P.P.S.: buy a second-handed MacBook White Unibody, making sure it's a later model with 64-bit EFI: those can run Mavericks, and you can find them on Ebay at a fairly reasonable price.

joshalva

joshalva

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks guys,
So im going to leave the idea of having logic on the netbook.
Ill build a powerful pc because i need more than 8 tracks (just drums need me 8 tracks).
Have a nice day
Josh

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,822 posts

Suggested specs:

Intel Core I7-4770K;

Gigabyte Z87-UD5-TH - with Thunderbolt, you secure the possibility of a future upgrade to hi-end sound interfaces;

The maximum RAM you can afford;

A reasonably sized SSD for the system and the larger HDD you can afford for data;

A 500W power source unit from Corsair;

Some cool minor peripherals. The Magic Mouse is a cool addition for horizontal scrolling.

All the best!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 532h, aspire one, logic pro, logic pro x, D250

Topic Stats Last Post Info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy