[Help]Why I can't disable nvidia card?

Liankao

7 posts in this topic

By reading some tutorials I learnt that the most proper way to disable nvidia card in dsdt is firstly using the method _DSM to change the value of  OMPR to 0x03, and then calls method _PS3, which will call the method _OFF to turn of Nvidia card only when OMBR equals to 0x03. It is actually how the manufacturer designs to power off nvidia card. And I do find these methods in my dsdt and ssdts. But after I add some codes in the method _INI to do what I just said above.It doesn't have any effect. Nvidia card can still be found in the system info. Eventhough I directly call the method _OFF at the beginning of the method _INI, it still doesn't make any difference. Many people have successfully disabled nvidia using this method. I don't know why I can't . Can someone please take a look at my dsdt and ssdts to help me figure out the reason?I will really appreciate it.(Sorry for my English.Hope you can understand it.)

dsdt_ssdt.zip

nVidia ssdt has lots of reference to _SB_.PCI0.GFX0, you have to copy ssdt containing this device for nVidia ssdt to work.

But I only drop the ssdt I have modified,all other ssdts and dsdt are loaded,so I think the nvidia ssdt can still have access to the methods of GFX0.Or the device GFX0 has to be in the nVidia ssdt?

For easy troubleshooting, drop all your SSDT and add necessary dsdt manually. If it does not work well, post your patched folder.

Hi,pokenguyen,I love Pokenmon,too. Nice to meet you. :-)

Well,I want to ask you which should I call Methon(_PS3) or Method(_OFF) for disabling discrete card?

I always call Method(_OFF),but I'm not sure about that.

So,I wonder know witch is better? :-)

Well,I want to ask you which should I call Methon(_PS3) or Method(_OFF) for disabling discrete card?

_PS3 is the best method, _OFF is not safe.

However, because of unknown reason (maybe because it is not meant to be called in INI), _PS3 and even _OFF may fail (it can't finish the method, or the condition is never reached) and the graphics card is not stopped.

If you want to investigate more, use ACPIDebug

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-acpi-debug/

For easy troubleshooting, drop all your SSDT and add necessary dsdt manually. If it does not work well, post your patched folder.

I have tried all these DSDTs,but none of them works :cry:

Hahaha,see you again.

Archive.zip