• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Liankao

Liankao

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

By reading some tutorials I learnt that the most proper way to disable nvidia card in dsdt is firstly using the method _DSM to change the value of  OMPR to 0x03, and then calls method _PS3, which will call the method _OFF to turn of Nvidia card only when OMBR equals to 0x03. It is actually how the manufacturer designs to power off nvidia card. And I do find these methods in my dsdt and ssdts. But after I add some codes in the method _INI to do what I just said above.It doesn't have any effect. Nvidia card can still be found in the system info. Eventhough I directly call the method _OFF at the beginning of the method _INI, it still doesn't make any difference. Many people have successfully disabled nvidia using this method. I don't know why I can't . Can someone please take a look at my dsdt and ssdts to help me figure out the reason?I will really appreciate it.(Sorry for my English.Hope you can understand it.)

Attached Files

pokenguyen

pokenguyen

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

nVidia ssdt has lots of reference to _SB_.PCI0.GFX0, you have to copy ssdt containing this device for nVidia ssdt to work.

Liankao

Liankao

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

nVidia ssdt has lots of reference to _SB_.PCI0.GFX0, you have to copy ssdt containing this device for nVidia ssdt to work.

But I only drop the ssdt I have modified,all other ssdts and dsdt are loaded,so I think the nvidia ssdt can still have access to the methods of GFX0.Or the device GFX0 has to be in the nVidia ssdt?

pokenguyen

pokenguyen

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

For easy troubleshooting, drop all your SSDT and add necessary dsdt manually. If it does not work well, post your patched folder.

daxuexinsheng

daxuexinsheng

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

For easy troubleshooting, drop all your SSDT and add necessary dsdt manually. If it does not work well, post your patched folder.

Hi,pokenguyen,I love Pokenmon,too. Nice to meet you. :-)

Well,I want to ask you which should I call Methon(_PS3) or Method(_OFF) for disabling discrete card?

I always call Method(_OFF),but I'm not sure about that.

So,I wonder know witch is better? :-)

pokenguyen

pokenguyen

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Well,I want to ask you which should I call Methon(_PS3) or Method(_OFF) for disabling discrete card?

_PS3 is the best method, _OFF is not safe.

However, because of unknown reason (maybe because it is not meant to be called in INI), _PS3 and even _OFF may fail (it can't finish the method, or the condition is never reached) and the graphics card is not stopped.

If you want to investigate more, use ACPIDebug

https://bitbucket.or...s-x-acpi-debug/

Liankao

Liankao

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

I have tried all these DSDTs,but none of them works :cry:

Hahaha,see you again.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy