AppleHDA cx20590 only sound with UseKernelCache=No

keiner99

41 posts in this topic

Original explanation: Common boot options

-f
Ignores kext caches during bootup on Mac OS X Snow Leopard. If you did not install a kext properly, your kext cache will be damaged, and Mac OS X might become unbootable unless you use this boot flag. The kext cache was replaced by the kernel cache in Mac OS X Lion, so theoretically, the -f boot flag should no longer work; however, this boot flag can still help some Hackintoshes boot (for reasons unknown).

UseKernelCache=Yes
Mac OS X Lion, Mountain Lion, and Mavericks can use the kernel cache to install kexts, allowing Mac OS X to boot faster. However, the kernel cache is turned off by default, and you have to enable it by using the boot flag "UseKernelCache=Yes" (without quotation marks). If Mac OS X is booting extremely slowly on your Hackintosh, the kernel cache might be malfunctioning. In addition, some laptops have trouble with the kernel cache feature. In these cases, you can turn the cache off with "UseKernelCache=No" (without quotation marks). Turning off the kernel cache is equivalent to using the "-f" bootflag in Snow Leopard.

Well, this is the problem.

First of all open chameleon wizard, in tab "Extraction" drag 'n drop extensions.mkext in the window and click "Extract".

You find a folder in desktop called "mkext content". 

From this folder install (if presents) NullCPUPowermanagement.kext and FakeSMC.kext in S/L/E with kext wizard, delete extensions.mkext, repair permissions, rebuild cache and reboot

I had the same problem with my vga card, it only worked with -f or usekernelcache=no. Then I re-made kernelcache with these Terminal commands and this fixed it for me:

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
sudo kextcache -system-caches

Try it, might work for you too. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...