Jump to content

10.9.2 Audio output device problems

AppleHDA VooDoo VoodooHDA audio audio output audio MIDI Setup sound .kext multibeast 6.2.1 OS X Mavricks

Best Answer corman37, 26 March 2014 - 04:53 AM

 

I found that last night and it fixed a mute problem.

 

I just fixed it about 5 min ago, it turns out AudioAUUC.kext was interfering with my codec, once i deleted that and AppleHDA.kext I rebuilt the cache and repaired the permissions then restarted and reinstalled AppleHDA.kext and it works perfect now.

 

conflict kexts like AudioAUUC, AppleHDA any ALC8xx enablers..etc.

Go to the full post


  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1
corman37

corman37

    InsanelyMac Protégé

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

So a couple days ago  got annoyed by the security update reminders and decided to update to 10.9.2. Everything worked good until I tried to listen to some music. I did some research and I needed to patch the AppleHDA.kext codec or update my VooDooHDA.kext. So I downloaded the newest ##### (6.2.1) and updated my AppleHDA.kext. That didn't work so I deleted the AppleHDA.kext and tried to install the "without DSDT" that didn't work so I deleted AppleHDA.kext and HDAenabler.kext and tried voodooHDA v2.8.4. I tried installing all of these several times and wound up with my audio working but no output devices. I used to have 2 inputs and outputs (on it front one in back). I have no idea how to get any of my output devices back, any help would be much appreciated.

 

My codec is ALC887

Im using OS X 10.9.2

 

Ive attached a screenshot of my system preferences and audio MIDI Setup apps open.

 

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files



#2
Mirone

Mirone

    InsanelyMac Deity

  • Local Moderators
  • 1,567 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brazil

try this: http://www.insanelym...-alc887vd-1092/



#3
corman37

corman37

    InsanelyMac Protégé

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Best Answer

 

I found that last night and it fixed a mute problem.

 

I just fixed it about 5 min ago, it turns out AudioAUUC.kext was interfering with my codec, once i deleted that and AppleHDA.kext I rebuilt the cache and repaired the permissions then restarted and reinstalled AppleHDA.kext and it works perfect now.

 

conflict kexts like AudioAUUC, AppleHDA any ALC8xx enablers..etc.



#4
Mirone

Mirone

    InsanelyMac Deity

  • Local Moderators
  • 1,567 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brazil
The injection 
By DSDT is even better choice. 
HDAEnabler or similar can be 
an alternative not very pleasant.






Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AppleHDA, VooDoo, VoodooHDA, audio, audio output, audio MIDI Setup, sound, .kext, multibeast 6.2.1, OS X Mavricks


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy