4 posts in this topic

So a couple days ago  got annoyed by the security update reminders and decided to update to 10.9.2. Everything worked good until I tried to listen to some music. I did some research and I needed to patch the AppleHDA.kext codec or update my VooDooHDA.kext. So I downloaded the newest [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] (6.2.1) and updated my AppleHDA.kext. That didn't work so I deleted the AppleHDA.kext and tried to install the "without DSDT" that didn't work so I deleted AppleHDA.kext and HDAenabler.kext and tried voodooHDA v2.8.4. I tried installing all of these several times and wound up with my audio working but no output devices. I used to have 2 inputs and outputs (on it front one in back). I have no idea how to get any of my output devices back, any help would be much appreciated.

My codec is ALC887

Im using OS X 10.9.2

Ive attached a screenshot of my system preferences and audio MIDI Setup apps open.

Thanks in advance!

post-1306515-0-80656500-1395782000_thumb.png

I found that last night and it fixed a mute problem.

I just fixed it about 5 min ago, it turns out AudioAUUC.kext was interfering with my codec, once i deleted that and AppleHDA.kext I rebuilt the cache and repaired the permissions then restarted and reinstalled AppleHDA.kext and it works perfect now.

conflict kexts like AudioAUUC, AppleHDA any ALC8xx enablers..etc.