HP Pavilion G6 - Only Wakes Once

Sam Clark

1 post in this topic

Hi!

I recently install OS X 10.9.2 on my HP Pavilion g6-1b79dx laptop.

My specs are:

• Intel Core i3-370M
  • 4Gb Samsung Memory
  • Atheros AR5B195 Wireless

I have used the 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics fix (here) to get QE/CI running. I also patched my DSDT to fix some sleep problems caused by ECH1 wake by removing the PRW method from ECHI1 and ECHI2. I also applied the brightness after wake DSDT patch found here in post #12. Everything is pretty much working, but I do still have some problems that I need some help with.

Sleep works by either closing the lid or going to  -> Sleep. The caveat is that it only sleeps and wakes once. It will go to sleep, wake up fine. But when I try to do that again, it sleeps perfectly fine, but doesn't wake up. The caps lock key flashes twice every few seconds, the fans don't spin up, and the display stays off (no backlight or image). This is the only major problem with my system. 

However, a few problems do occur that are more of just annoyances. When I scroll or do resource intensive tasks, such as loading a webpage, an annoying chirping noise comes from my CPU area. I looked into this, and I believe it is coil whine. I don't experience this in Windows or Linux, and disabling both P-States and C-States in Chimera have no effect. My BIOS is a locked down Insyde BIOS, so I can't get into it to access any options that may help. Another thing is that the DSDT brightness control fix in the link above doesn't work. When I apply it, my computer will lock the screen unexpectedly at random intervals, and I still have no brightness controls despite the brightness slider being available in Settings. Once last thing is that I feel like my machine is running hotter. The fan is always running (not fast, but it'll ofter be off in Windows and never is in OS X), and the CPU area is warm despite the computer just being idle. 

Attached is the patched DSDT I'm using with the sleep "fix" as well as brightness after wake enabled. Just be sure to remove the .txt extension on the DSDT file. Any other info can be provided, just ask. If anyone can provide any insight on my problems, please do. Anything will help.

Thanks

Insanely Mac.dsl.txt