6 replies to this topic

macdalor

macdalor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hi Guys,

I need to install tiger on VMWare workstation 6 but (you'll think I'm crazy!) on an OSX 10.9 platform (new MBP). Yes, a MAC...

The reason for this is that I need to reinstall an old version of cubase (SX3), which is no longer supported since Leopard...

I have installed VMware and have tried installing Tiger via 1) an original install CD I have and 2) via the "Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2].iso", burning it to a DVD but none is accepted by VMware, giving me an error message "system config file com.boot.plist not found".

Can anyone help?

David

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,263 posts
  • Interests:AKern@RampageDev.com

You need Tiger Server even to begin to get this working... 

macdalor

macdalor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Tiger Sever? What do you mean? Server? are you sure it does work with the server version?

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,263 posts
  • Interests:AKern@RampageDev.com

Tiger Sever? What do you mean? Server? are you sure it does work with the server version?

Until Lion Apple only supported VM on Macs with Server Editions. I have SL Server in a VM myself... 

macdalor

macdalor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Until Lion Apple only supported VM on Macs with Server Editions. I have SL Server in a VM myself... 

ok, managed to get an OSX 10.4.7 server but when trying to install it the vm dives me a "The CPU has been disabled by the guest operating system." window and crash when I press "ok"

I've tried adding CPUID as described here

I've enabled double processors and increased the RAM but nothing helps...I'm stuck again...

Any idea?

aphex6b

aphex6b

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

is there some way to use say a usb based external audio card? Cause with default audio in a vm & latencies = no joy.

macdalor

macdalor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

is there some way to use say a usb based external audio card? Cause with default audio in a vm & latencies = no joy.

well I do have various audio cards but I first need to install osx 10.4 before I can go any further ;)

Anyway I need the install to recover some old projects from cubase sx and transfer to audio tracks so latency isn't really an issue in my case...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2016 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy