Tiger in VMWare Workstation 6 on MBP

macdalor

7 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I need to install tiger on VMWare workstation 6 but (you'll think I'm crazy!) on an OSX 10.9 platform (new MBP). Yes, a MAC...

The reason for this is that I need to reinstall an old version of cubase (SX3), which is no longer supported since Leopard...

I have installed VMware and have tried installing Tiger via 1) an original install CD I have and 2) via the "Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2].iso", burning it to a DVD but none is accepted by VMware, giving me an error message "system config file com.boot.plist not found".

Can anyone help?

David

Until Lion Apple only supported VM on Macs with Server Editions. I have SL Server in a VM myself... 

ok, managed to get an OSX 10.4.7 server but when trying to install it the vm dives me a "The CPU has been disabled by the guest operating system." window and crash when I press "ok"

I've tried adding CPUID as described here

I've enabled double processors and increased the RAM but nothing helps...I'm stuck again...

Any idea?

is there some way to use say a usb based external audio card? Cause with default audio in a vm & latencies = no joy.

well I do have various audio cards but I first need to install osx 10.4 before I can go any further ;)

Anyway I need the install to recover some old projects from cubase sx and transfer to audio tracks so latency isn't really an issue in my case...