Sound Somewhat Working After Sleep Mavericks ALC889

ttcole1254

1 post in this topic

Hello!

I have a Gigabyte Z68-MA-D2H-B3 motherboard with the Realtek ALC889 audio chip. I recently updated to 10.9.2 Mavericks, and had to reinstall the newest ALC889 kext to get my audio back.

What's weird though, is how it behaves after sleep. I found countless reports of audio not working after sleep, but mine does, somewhat.

Before sleeping, I can have sound coming through my speakers, and plug in some headphones and the speakers will mute, and the audio will start coming through the headphones instead.

However, after sleep, something related to the sensing of a plug in a port ceases to work. If I have my headphones plugged in while I sleep the computer, the audio will only come out of the headphones when I wake it up. Unplugging the headphones does not make the speakers turn on, and if I plug the headphones back in, the audio is still only there. To switch outputs, I have to unplug the headphones, sleep the computer, and wake it back up. Now sound comes out of the speakers.

I really don't know if it used to work, because only recently have I tried messing with sleep. Its not a huge issue, but I'm a perfectionist, and I'd like to try to get it to work perfectly, if possible.

The system does appear to wake itself up after what seems like about 8 hours. It may be waking back up in the night and I don't notice. It turns itself back on for just a few seconds and returns to sleep. I had darkwake=0 set in Chameleon from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], but recently changed it to darkwake=8 when I started troubleshooting, and it seems to be the same.

Tyler