• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

eid_ot_evil

eid_ot_evil

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

I'm really excited to see how this thread will evolve. Sorry for not having the knowledge to contribute in any way, but I hope someone can get switchable graphics to work in OSX, or at least to get dedicated cards to work. Keep up the good work. Cheers.

ghajini08

ghajini08

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

@ghajini08 are you still alive?? :o

Luckily man am still alive :) Just got back from the hospital. Will post screenshots in a day or two.

elya

elya

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

damn!! i hope you were joking! you know, i'm always serious when talking about health! anyway, waiting for your screenshots :D

Koblinger

Koblinger

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello, ghajini08!

Do you got any news about switchable graphics? I have a 7730M :)

Thank you!

edipo2s

edipo2s

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

You have QE acceleration? animations are smooth? Or you just "see" the graphics (transparences and other details) of the AMD card? I did some like that here ( http://www.insanelym...-ci-but-not-qe/ ) just mirroring the graphic card

midi ッ

midi ッ

InsanelyMac Spam Group Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Amazing, the only problem I have is that I CAN'T DUMP VBIOS!!! I donno why or how could HP block access to it, but I can't! Tried with GPU-z Clover and Linux, they can't, only Intel's vBIOS (WHY??).

My specs are:

AMD Radeon HD 6470M Series (as says clover)

and HD3000 (on i3 CPU)

The HD3000 work great, but the AMD is recogniezed but to fully, I don't get its NVRAM, tho I tried All FBs from here http://www.rampagede...ge_id=82&page=4

I tried someone else's vBIOS (the worse thing to do <_< ) and I couldn't get to the Desktop (graphics issues) and I get that the GFX VM Memory is Disabled (?)

My clover (legacy) is configured as so:

Inject EDID : yes

Inject ATI : yes

Inject Intel : yes

FB = Ipomoea (well I tried that many times)

Load vBIOS: No (tried Yes, could't get to the Desktop since I had the faulty vBIOS)

Thanks for this guide, really useful, hope I get help :)

acero

acero

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

hi,

i tried this on my laptop before ,and even if y get both gpu recognized they work both at same time ,no switching and it s useless ....i took bios from another same laptop with ati only and that worked;

i guess that ati video bios on yours also is for switching gpu on windows platform and won t be helpfull in osx unless y can disabled intel video in bios.

i extracted mine from video bios files and it s different from regular ati video bios.

so i use intel only.

hope it was helpfull.

bye;

midi ッ

midi ッ

InsanelyMac Spam Group Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Thanks for the answer, but the problem is that it's a friend's computer, I can't do anything to it since he doesn't really understand in computers :( well, I also fear that I may brick his bios, and I don't have a usb disquette reader to flash it back :/ I hope someone have the same model as : DV6-6C61ST (for vBIOS, since it's OEM properitary :( )

Thanks again :D

TheBosZ

TheBosZ

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:Guitars, music, technology

Hi guys,

I'm jumping from a thread to another in this forum, I hope you can help me.

HP g6 2212SL with BIOS that does not allow to switch GPUs.

I installed fresh Yosemite 10.10.1 using latest Clover revision, and in boot options in Clover I have following situation:

post-1403779-14213670783487_thumb.jpg

So, I need your cooperation in order to resolve this matter. I looked first of all there (http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/) that mine BIOS is not there.

I can access again to Windows in order to use GPU-Z to dump BIOS but as far as I understood result is not sure.

So, can you help me step by step in order to get accessible that ATI GPU? Also will it be always active?

Thanks for every help, I'll start to work on it this night (now I'm at work :D ).

teddybearapple

teddybearapple

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
Please update me if you get yours working as I am moving from thread to thread just like I have the same ATI as yours. We need help guys

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: switchable, graphics, amd, ati, clover, laptop

Topic Stats Last Post Info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy