AMD Switchable Graphics working manually (mirror only) using Clover

ghajini08

37 posts in this topic

Amazing, the only problem I have is that I CAN'T DUMP VBIOS!!! I donno why or how could HP block access to it, but I can't! Tried with GPU-z Clover and Linux, they can't, only Intel's vBIOS (WHY??).

My specs are:

AMD Radeon HD 6470M Series (as says clover)

and HD3000 (on i3 CPU)

The HD3000 work great, but the AMD is recogniezed but to fully, I don't get its NVRAM, tho I tried All FBs from here http://www.rampagedev.com/?page_id=82&page=4

I tried someone else's vBIOS (the worse thing to do <_< ) and I couldn't get to the Desktop (graphics issues) and I get that the GFX VM Memory is Disabled (?)

My clover (legacy) is configured as so:

Inject EDID : yes

Inject ATI : yes

Inject Intel : yes

FB = Ipomoea (well I tried that many times)

Load vBIOS: No (tried Yes, could't get to the Desktop since I had the faulty vBIOS)

Thanks for this guide, really useful, hope I get help :)

hi,

i tried this on my laptop before ,and even if y get both gpu recognized they work both at same time ,no switching and it s useless ....i took bios from another same laptop with ati only and that worked;

i guess that ati video bios on yours also is for switching gpu on windows platform and won t be helpfull in osx unless y can disabled intel video in bios.

i extracted mine from video bios files and it s different from regular ati video bios.

so i use intel only.

hope it was helpfull.

bye;

Thanks for the answer, but the problem is that it's a friend's computer, I can't do anything to it since he doesn't really understand in computers :( well, I also fear that I may brick his bios, and I don't have a usb disquette reader to flash it back :/ I hope someone have the same model as : DV6-6C61ST (for vBIOS, since it's OEM properitary :( )

Thanks again :D

Hi guys,

I'm jumping from a thread to another in this forum, I hope you can help me.

HP g6 2212SL with BIOS that does not allow to switch GPUs.

I installed fresh Yosemite 10.10.1 using latest Clover revision, and in boot options in Clover I have following situation:

post-1403779-14213670783487_thumb.jpg

So, I need your cooperation in order to resolve this matter. I looked first of all there (http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/) that mine BIOS is not there.

I can access again to Windows in order to use GPU-Z to dump BIOS but as far as I understood result is not sure.

So, can you help me step by step in order to get accessible that ATI GPU? Also will it be always active?

Thanks for every help, I'll start to work on it this night (now I'm at work :D ).

• 3 months later...
Guest calabash

Interesting.

I have a G62 with Intel HD Graphics + HD 5470M. Currently I've disabled the integrated card.

I really want to know if this method works even for my system  :rolleyes:

which bios version do you have?

i have a G72 with Intel HD + HD 5470M. Currently i have a flashed bios F.48 with advanced settings installed.

When selecting dGpu in video configuration it resets itself back after booting.

can you please share your ROM for the ATI card.

Guest calabash

i got following error:

redsock_bios_decoder < /Users/mpi/Desktop/vgabios.dmp 
ATOM signature not found

thx you in advance

Has anyone got this working with Yosemite? I'm trying to get VAIO sve1512 with 7650m booting with clover but no luck. hd4000 is locked by Sony.

I've dumped my edid, tried fbnames Pondweed and Ipomea. I also tried with and without rom dump but I always end up with '' ** GPU HARDWARE VM is disabled (multispace: disabled, page table updates with DMA: disabled)'' error.   :(

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I did some research on this, and was able to get Chrome to use the Switchable Graphics card on a Dell 15r 7520 system with a 7730M.

I don't think the EDID switching really works, which is why you are seeing the fact the benchmarks are the same (or won't load).

My method forces the GPU to be used as the renderer. https://aprilmacdonald.com/getting-amd-switchable-graphics-working-on-hackintosh-os-x/

I don't have the time to make a user-friendly guide, but hopefully one of the developers here can pick up the source I left and adapt it to be user-friendly.

• Like 1

I did some research on this, and was able to get Chrome to use the Switchable Graphics card on a Dell 15r 7520 system with a 7730M.

I don't think the EDID switching really works, which is why you are seeing the fact the benchmarks are the same (or won't load).

My method forces the GPU to be used as the renderer. https://aprilmacdonald.com/getting-amd-switchable-graphics-working-on-hackintosh-os-x/

I don't have the time to make a user-friendly guide, but hopefully one of the developers here can pick up the source I left and adapt it to be user-friendly.

How did u manage to get full QE/CI Natively with Clover !

Whats ur Method !