nVidia GeForce 9500M GS Mavericks lags

dsTny

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

just wanted to ask you something. I have a nVidia GeForce 9500M GS graphics card and MacBook Pro 8,1 smbios. GraphicsEnabler = Yes flag is set. Correct resolution is available (1920x1200) but Mavericks often lags. Especially open programs and notification center lags. Do you have any ideas what can I do to get better performance or is my graphic card to old to get fluently GUI?

Thank you :)

/edit: Have the lags something to do with the "kernel[0]: [AGPM Controller] unknownPlatform" error?

Hey guys,

just wanted to ask you something. I have a nVidia GeForce 9500M GS graphics card and MacBook Pro 8,1 smbios. GraphicsEnabler = Yes flag is set. Correct resolution is available (1920x1200) but Mavericks often lags. Especially open programs and notification center lags. Do you have any ideas what can I do to get better performance or is my graphic card to old to get fluently GUI?

Thank you :)

/edit: Have the lags something to do with the "kernel[0]: [AGPM Controller] unknownPlatform" error?

Could be the graphics card With my 6920G I went with MacBook Pro 6,1 the last one editable to get the power management working which that error is telling it is not.

MacBookPro6,1									LogControl					0					Vendor10deDevice0405
You need to edit the AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext to put your device id in there as I think mine is a 9400GS in it so yours will be different if that is the case. If you notice some flickering as it changes the power states then you will need to get dummy vga plug if your machine has that output and when booting once it gets to the chameleon screen plug it in until it gets to the login screen where the graphics has loaded then it will not flicker anymore you can take it out.

Hello,

thank you for your answer.

I changed my smbios to 5,1 (which "Apple-Hardware" was closer to my hardware) and put in my device id in AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext. Now the error is gone, instead there is an info message "kernel[0]: [AGPM Controller] build GPUDict by Vendor10deDevice0405". So this seems to be working :)

Performance is better now, but not perfect. So I will adjust the low and high performance settings inside this kext - I think, the clocks of the graphic card is not perfect ;)

Thank you again :)

Hello,

thank you for your answer.

I changed my smbios to 5,1 (which "Apple-Hardware" was closer to my hardware) and put in my device id in AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext. Now the error is gone, instead there is an info message "kernel[0]: [AGPM Controller] build GPUDict by Vendor10deDevice0405". So this seems to be working :)

Performance is better now, but not perfect. So I will adjust the low and high performance settings inside this kext - I think, the clocks of the graphic card is not perfect ;)

Thank you again :)

Your welcome and yes that message you now get is telling you it has loaded the power management for your video device.