Mountain Lion AMD GPU problemsF

21 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I want to use OS X only for  X plane 10, hence I went and installed ML on the AMD FX 6300 with a HD 7750, I had to use GE=No just to get in to the installer and everything went fine, rebooted had to use GE=No again and was in ML. Used Mutlbeast ML edition for the Realtek Ethernet and it worked. 

I have 10.8.5 Combo Update and I am installing it now. 

The above process was done once earlier and after the Combo Update I was getting a blank screen and no keyboard functionality.

My Rig Config :

AMD FX 6300

8 GB RAM

HD 7750 2 GB

Acer 20 " x 2 (DVI / VGA) 

Would be grateful if someone could help or If I can use Mavericks with my configuration would be awesome.

Have Chimer 2.21 installed .

Thanks.

download mavericks 10.9 from appstore, install with Myhack on an external HDD, install the chipset driver to  /Extra/Extensions use the latest amd kernels by Andy van Dijk , bronzovka , sinetek , cassa or io
try with the various boot flags

good hack

download mavericks 10.9 from appstore, install with Myhack on an external HDD, install the chipset driver to  /Extra/Extensions use the latest amd kernels by Andy van Dijk , bronzovka , sinetek , cassa or io

try with the various boot flags

good hack

Hi ,

Thanks for the reply , I already have mavericks on laptop (i5 2430m) working great.  Also have the Mavericks USB ready. 

But will these work with the AMD GPU ? that's what I want to know.  and what chipset drivers ? 

Hi ,

Thanks for the reply , I already have mavericks on laptop (i5 2430m) working great.  Also have the Mavericks USB ready. 

But will these work with the AMD GPU ? that's what I want to know.  and what chipset drivers ? 

yes for sure! if you do not further comprises , then contact Zador he has similar CPU as yours. You must ask  him what boat flags , driver and what amd_kernel he used. He has not made ​​information how he has to boot/starts his system.That is very unfortunate

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285110-amd-working-builds/page-8

Edited by spakk

yes for sure! if you do not further comprises , then contact Zador he has similar CPU as yours. You must ask  him what boat flags , driver and what amd_kernel he used. He has not made ​​information how he has to boot/starts his system.That is very unfortunate

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285110-amd-working-builds/page-8

Hi Spakk,

I have pm'ed Zodar thanks.

If you look at here I am using the correct 10.8 kernel and it says all ATI GPU issues are cleared somehow I cannot figure it out why after updating to 10.8.5 I get the blank screen.

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Patched_Kernels#OS_X_10.8_Mountain_Lion  

which boot flags do you use? Do you work with or without dsdt?

Do you have installed the appropriate chipset divers? If, yes? Where? Add to extra/extensions or in s / l / e? If you Boot you system the drivers are loaded?

which boot flags do you use? Do you work with or without dsdt? <br />Do you have installed the appropriate chipset divers? If, yes? Where? Add to extra/extensions or in s / l / e? If you Boot you system the drivers are loaded?

Hi Spakk,

I have installed Mavericks and I have 3d acceleration , I can use X plane 10 perfectly. 

My Desktop :

AMD FX 6300 3.5 Ghz

HD 7750 2 GB (Sapphire)

Ga880-gm-Usb3 rev 3.1 

20 x 2 DVI / VGA

Boot flags used "npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No"     , installing Network  / Sound / Usb 3.0 using [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] Mavericks.

It is working flawlessly at the moment, let me reboot .

Hi Spakk,

I have installed Mavericks and I have 3d acceleration , I can use X plane 10 perfectly.

My Desktop :

AMD FX 6300 3.5 Ghz

HD 7750 2 GB (Sapphire)

Ga880-gm-Usb3 rev 3.1

20 x 2 DVI / VGA

Boot flags used "npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No" , installing Network / Sound / Usb 3.0 using ##### Mavericks.

It is working flawlessly at the moment, let me reboot .

I am pleased that your hackintosh system is running fine! But tony_tools are su_ck big_sh_it try parallel to install your usb stick with myhack, that's better!

<br /><br />I am pleased that your hackintosh system is running fine! But tony_tools are su_ck big_sh_it try parallel to install your usb stick with myhack, that's better!

Hi,

My Bootable USB is through my hack I do not use #####.

I rebooted after using MBeast Mavericks through which I installed Realtek 811 LAN driver / realtek 889 audio codec and the USB 3.0 Universal. 

I am getting Missing Bluetooth Controller and then a kernel panic with AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.   I have removed the kext AppleIntelCpuPowermanagement.kext but the panic is still happening .  Any ideas ? But before the kernel panic there is  a HPET error. 

There is one Nullpowermanagement in /Extra .

@Spakk,

It worked. 

I replaced the kext from my hack usb and ran my fix back in to mavericks and both my displays are working.  But my sound is not showing.  

Do you know where i can the Realtek 889 kexts or the Voodoo Universal HDA ?

AT this Moment only with voodoohda.kext Version 2.8.4 .

Or by external usb sound card

AT this Moment only with voodoohda.kext Version 2.8.4 .<br />Or Bytes external usb sound card

thnx downloading it from osx86.

X plane 10 performance is horrible , no doubt due to the kernel. 

@Spakk,

I installed the Voodoo 2.8.4 it shows the pins, volumes on full but no sound.

Else everything is working without any problems. Even HD videos run perfectly. 

Presumably you have not configured the plist correct. Read the page thoroughly and try it renewed. Typically works well. But the best use an external sound card with amd hackintosh.

Presumably you have not configured the plist correct. Read the page thoroughly and try it renewed. Typically works well. But the best use an external sound card with amd hackintosh.

Hi,

In fact I have used and edited Voodoo plist for this same motherboard when I had Lion installed. But I will check again, yes my USB Altec Lansing works but it is the other Altec Lansing I want to make it work :) .   

I am trying again. 

P.S. : messed up my work laptop mavericks right now :) 

install the systeminfo tool create an image and upload it here, then we look to whether it is possible to configure.

try this http://www.file-upload.net/download-8718703/VoodooHDA.kext.zip.html

install with kext wizard, then repair the permissions with Kext Wizard

check according to whether you in System Preferences, which is created the icon "VoodooHDA", run the adjustments according to the description and the pictures.

and make the settings with the Midi Setup Tool

Edited by spakk