Installing Snow Leopard - Amd X2 3800+, MSI K9N Neo, Nvidia geforce 7100, 1gb ram

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

musiclover7

musiclover7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Greetings!! I have been mucking around with Hackintosh on and off for a few years, mainly working and re-working installations via Virtualbox VM's. About a month ago I started working on my first actual full installation. My eldest daughter starts high school next year, and I thought it would be cool to gift her with her own computer come that time. Nothing fancy, but something she could type papers on, browse web, etc.. I also thought it could be something we could build together as a fun project, hence hackintosh. Well, I am wanting to get most of the frustration out of the way before hand, so I have been trying to install this thing successfully myself first, and it has not been easy. I have tried many different distros, had to unhook certain pieces of hardware (PCI cards, card readers, etc.) which took me a while to figure out, and I finally got some of them to boot. Now I am at a place where I need some help. I think I am close. A couple installs have gone through to finish, only to bomb on first start up. I think what I am missing, is something that is needed from this ModCD method, to make it work in my AMD environment. I can boot all the way up to the installation screen and complete install using Iatkos_S3_version2. No matter what combo of customize I use however, I cannot get it to then boot to the actual desktop environment after. Using ModCD, and this same install disk fails, with the attached screen shot. Attached File  Panic Photo.JPG   167.29KB   2 downloads Anyways. My hunch is that if I can get this to boot from MOD CD, I might stand a better chance, as this is what I have seen work in various tutorials around the web with setups close to mine. My setup by the way, which was sort of in my subject line: AMD 3800+ X2 MSI K9N NEO Motherboard - Nforce MCP55 Geforce 7100 Video card 1 gb of RAM Any and all Help greatly appreciated!!

dcai777

dcai777

BAZINGA!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts
  • Interests:Hacking your Hackintosh

i doubt that qe/ci (graphics acceleration) will ever work with that...

and 1gb ram isn't much... so maybe a pci 8400gs and a 2gb upgrade.

Anyway, you need a amd_kernel...

musiclover7

musiclover7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Thanks for the reply. Not looking to run the latest and greatest version of os10. Really, just about any version would do fine actually. I had read some install instructions on machines not too far from my specs, which is why I thought Iatkos_s3_ver2 might work. Still not convinced it can't, but am definitely feeling a bit defeated.

musiclover7

musiclover7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Worth mentioning.  I do have an Nvidia 9800 GT I can put in this thing.  It seemed to quit working for a while, but after blowing out all the dust, it is resurrected.  Does this help my chances?

dcai777

dcai777

BAZINGA!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts
  • Interests:Hacking your Hackintosh

Yes, now you can have QE/CI :)

If you use iATKOS S3, be sure to select NVEnabler in VGA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy