Installing Snow Leopard - Amd X2 3800+, MSI K9N Neo, Nvidia geforce 7100, 1gb ram

5 posts in this topic

Greetings!!

I have been mucking around with Hackintosh on and off for a few years, mainly working and re-working installations via Virtualbox VM's. About a month ago I started working on my first actual full installation. My eldest daughter starts high school next year, and I thought it would be cool to gift her with her own computer come that time. Nothing fancy, but something she could type papers on, browse web, etc.. I also thought it could be something we could build together as a fun project, hence hackintosh. Well, I am wanting to get most of the frustration out of the way before hand, so I have been trying to install this thing successfully myself first, and it has not been easy. I have tried many different distros, had to unhook certain pieces of hardware (PCI cards, card readers, etc.) which took me a while to figure out, and I finally got some of them to boot.

Now I am at a place where I need some help. I think I am close. A couple installs have gone through to finish, only to bomb on first start up. I think what I am missing, is something that is needed from this ModCD method, to make it work in my AMD environment.

I can boot all the way up to the installation screen and complete install using Iatkos_S3_version2. No matter what combo of customize I use however, I cannot get it to then boot to the actual desktop environment after.

Using ModCD, and this same install disk fails, with the attached screen shot.

post-720832-0-34809100-1394744000_thumb.jpg

Anyways. My hunch is that if I can get this to boot from MOD CD, I might stand a better chance, as this is what I have seen work in various tutorials around the web with setups close to mine.

My setup by the way, which was sort of in my subject line:

AMD 3800+ X2

MSI K9N NEO Motherboard - Nforce MCP55

Geforce 7100 Video card

1 gb of RAM

Any and all Help greatly appreciated!!

i doubt that qe/ci (graphics acceleration) will ever work with that...

and 1gb ram isn't much... so maybe a pci 8400gs and a 2gb upgrade.

Anyway, you need a amd_kernel...

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply. Not looking to run the latest and greatest version of os10. Really, just about any version would do fine actually. I had read some install instructions on machines not too far from my specs, which is why I thought Iatkos_s3_ver2 might work. Still not convinced it can't, but am definitely feeling a bit defeated.