MacBook Screen Scratches

Deviant0ne

18 posts in this topic

I was doing some reading online trying to find a product that would take these small scratches off of my MacBook screen, but everything I find seems to be for iPods or the outside of the MacBooks. The scratches on my screen are superficial, but they don't come out when I clean my screen with my iClean, and they bother me. Does anyone have any suggestions for removing said scratches? Thanks in advance.

you could change plastic over the LCD. The actual LCD is made of glass. Replace the plastic with a scratch guard or similar

I had a few scratches on my iPod screen, after a bit of searching I found out that 'Brasso' works perfectly - you don't need to apply any pressure, just buff with a soft cloth. It's a very mild abrasive - took about 1hr of polishing (in 10 minute stints!) and got rid of 3 deep scratches.

Andy

• 4 weeks later...

Yeeouch. This is exactly why I fear glossy screens. Any type of tiny scratch shows up plain as day. Well, you could see if you could find a parts breakdown diagram and see if you could get a replacement part for the plastic screen overlay (the screen assembly probably comes apart like the iBook's did.)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Depending on how bad it is, you might want to buy a new LCD on eBay and take better care of it. The screen is the absolutely last thing that's going to get damaged on my laptop. I keep all pets away from it when it's open and keep it closed religiously when I walk away in an environment that might bring it harm. I even assimilate flying bugs on sight so they don't land on it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...