AppleHDA 2.6.0f1 broken ALC662 (Rev1)

alc662 applehda

Best Answer thiagomorales, 06 June 2014 - 03:03 PM

Justing reporting... I found the culprit: AppleACPIPlatform.kext

There wasn't problem with AppleHDA patch.. I just rollback the AppleACPIPlatform to 1.6 version (ML version), and magically it works.

Anyway, thanks for efforts.

Regards.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

thiagomorales

thiagomorales

Think different...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Hi fellows. 

First all, since from Mountain Lion i have been patching AppleHDA in this computer (that uses ALC662 Rev1 codec - 0x10EC0662) without problems.

Until 10.9.1 i was injecting LayoutID = 12 in DSDT, then using my PathMaps (Platforms), my Layout12.xml and my corrected verbs (Info.plist), everything was fine.

With 10.9.2 release, i have patched the new AppleHDA as "normal" way. But it unexpectedly not worked. I have double checked everything...

I got an 'clean' AppleHDA and did all changes again, step by step.. Tried to change LayoutID to 1 (on both DSDT and files, of course).. Can't get it to work.

Tried to rollback to 2.5.3 version (working in 10.9.1), and for my surprise... Didn't worked.

I have only AppleACPIPlatform.kext (with vanilla i get stuck at boot) and AMDRadeonX3000.kext (for QE on ATI 5430 mobility) patched in my install. But these kexts have been patched since Mountain Lion.. So i guess that it's not causing this trouble.

Well, i have no idea what Apple changed in this release, that broken my sound.

Recently, i have updated to 10.9.3 to try with new kexts, but the version of AppleHDA is the same... Same results on tests.

Anyone has an idea?

Thanks in advance.

Ps: I have bin patched with bcc9 script (patch-hda - last version)

Ps2: In System Information and Sound settings i get NO DEVICES.

Ps3: HDEF infos are injected as well. (DSDT) - See IOREG attached.

Attached File  Captura de Tela 2014-03-12 s 18.09.43.png   560.55KB   2 downloads

toleda

toleda

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 956 posts

IOREG attached.

10.9.2 AppleHDA binary changed, however, all edits are the same as 10.9 and 10.9.1.  No IOReg/HDEF/pin configs; the kext was installed improperly or layout/CodecID and/or Info.plist/ConfigData are wrong.

thiagomorales

thiagomorales

Think different...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Thanks for reply @toleda.

Well, i was using the same edits from 10.9.1 and it was worked in this version. (Pinconfigs in DSDT 'always' was 'zero'),

In 10.9.1 (working version with AppleHDA 2.5.3) i was using layoutID = 12 and CodecID = 283.903.586 (0x10EC0662 hex), the verbs (ConfigData) was corrected using the svg from codecgraph and verbit, and 'checked' using 'PinConfigurator.app'.

The ConfigData/LayoutID/PathMaps are the same that was used in 10.9.1 (working version).

I guess that is a problem with binpatch. I saw that ALC662 have been patched using ALC885 address.. I will try to patch with another codec address manually in hex editor...

Have any idea?

Thanks.

Regards.

toleda

toleda

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 956 posts

Well, i was using the same edits from 10.9.1 and it was worked in this version. (Pinconfigs in DSDT 'always' was 'zero'),

In 10.9.1 (working version with AppleHDA 2.5.3) i was using layoutID = 12 and CodecID = 283.903.586 (0x10EC0662 hex), the verbs (ConfigData) was corrected using the svg from codecgraph and verbit, and 'checked' using 'PinConfigurator.app'.

Looking in the wrong places.  dsdt/pinconfigs aren't the problem.  The IOReg shows layout-id 1.  info.plist/,,/ConfigData must have layout 1 for the correct codec and layout1 must have the same codec. Correct pinconfigs show regardless of the bin patch. Incorrect pinconfigs and correct patch will fail. Verify pinconfigs first.

thiagomorales

thiagomorales

Think different...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Something is very strange.. I have double checked my pinconfig. (Same used earlier 10.8.5-10.9.1, corrected by verbit)

I already have tested with another codecdata  (from AppleHDA 10.9.2 patched to ALC662 - from osx86.net).. Not works too, shows none in System Profiler.

I reverted to layoutID 12 to test.. Same results.

I'm attaching verbit.

Attached File  Captura de Tela 2014-03-13 s 14.18.06.png   86.12KB   3 downloads

Attached File  Captura de Tela 2014-03-13 s 14.31.21.png   80.32KB   3 downloads

Attached File  Captura de Tela 2014-03-13 s 14.29.18.png   152.64KB   3 downloads

Another idea?

Thanks.

Attached Files

toleda

toleda

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 956 posts

Another idea?

I agree.  No edits required to pin configs for 10.9.2. Have you installed the working 10.9.1 AppleHDA.kext in 10.9.2?

thiagomorales

thiagomorales

Think different...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Yes.. And for my surprise, it didn't worked! :(

I didn't have modified no other kexts from 10.9.1 in 10.9.2 (since 10.8.x i have only these modified kexts: AppleHDA, ACPIPlatform and AMDRadeonX3000), so it seems to me that in 10.9.2 Apple has changed something else in AppleHDA that broken audio.

I'm guessing two alternatives:

- Apple has modified the way that HDA binary has been patched. (Since Lion until 10.9.1)

- Another system kext is causing problem... (IOAudioFamily maybe?)

I have no more idea with AppleHDA. Everything is 'right'. :/

I will try with VoodooHDA, only for tests.

Regards,

toleda

toleda

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 956 posts

- Apple has modified the way that HDA binary has been patched. (Since Lion until 10.9.1)

- Another system kext is causing problem... (IOAudioFamily maybe?)

As stated earlier, the 10.9.2 binary changed, however, there is no change to any of the patches/files that worked in 10.9 and/or 10.9.1. Did you verify pinconfigs with the 10.9.1 AppleHDA.kext in 10.9.2?

thiagomorales

thiagomorales

Think different...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Yes, i verified pinconfigs and used what was used in 10.9.1, but it don't works. :(

thiagomorales

thiagomorales

Think different...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Best Answer

Justing reporting... I found the culprit: AppleACPIPlatform.kext

There wasn't problem with AppleHDA patch.. I just rollback the AppleACPIPlatform to 1.6 version (ML version), and magically it works.

Anyway, thanks for efforts.

Regards.

nyolc8

nyolc8

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

I use the same audio codec, and patched applehda in all 10.9.x versions like this:

8508ec10 -> 6206ec10
8408ec10 -> 6106ec10

I never had to rollback any other kexts. Always worked. It works even on 10.9.3 too.

thiagomorales

thiagomorales

Think different...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Yes, there wasn't wrong with AppleHDA..

The problem was caused by AppleACPIPlatform. (Since 2.0+ version i get a KP with stock version. If i use the patched AppleACPIPlatform version, i can boot normally, but its break Audio.)

I had to rollback to AppleACPIPlatform from ML (1.6), and everything worked.

Atm i'm using 10.9.4 (13E9a) - AppleHDA (2.6.2f2) normally. (With AppleACPIPlatform 1.6)

Regards.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: alc662, applehda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy