VMWare Network Drives OSX

3 posts in this topic

How do you setup shared / network drives in vmware workstation when the vm is set as shared?  When its just a local vm I see the option in my settings, but as you can see in the attached once I set it to shared that option goes away.  I have installed the darwin vmware tools.  Is there a different way to go about it for a shared vm?

Thanks!

post-1313998-0-50964400-1394632687_thumb.png

How do you setup shared / network drives in vmware workstation when the vm is set as shared?  When its just a local vm I see the option in my settings, but as you can see in the attached once I set it to shared that option goes away.  I have installed the darwin vmware tools.  Is there a different way to go about it for a shared vm?

Thanks!

Shared VMs do not have Shared Folders. You will need to use network shares to make this work. This is VMware behavior and nothing to do with the OS X guest, same happens for Windows or Linux guests.

I had a feeling it was a network share thing.  So if I have a drive that is shared on the host machine, should that automatically be picked up by the guest?  Or are there additional steps.

Appreciate the help.

EDIT:  I got it working.  I had the wrong Network adapter selected.

Thanks!