alienware 17 need help with dsdt compile error

pgonzo3k

24 posts in this topic

hello everyone. I have an Alienware 17 Haswell i4700 mq, nvidia 765m hd4600 8gb ram, . i was able to install 10.9.2 and have the hd4600, webcam, battery, mouse, audio to work.  but i am now trying to make a dsdt using dsdteditor to be able to fix brightness, hdmi audio, speed step and such but i cant make it to compile due to errors. im at my wits end here. ive been researching but to no avail. im attaching the dsdt extracted from aida64. any help would be appreciated, 

here is the ssdt's

acpi_dsdt.bin.zip

ssdt.zip

Hello

Welcome!

DSDT isn't god to solve everything... you need know about this...

DSDT is good to adjust somethings, but currently ins't much necessary if you have a compatible hardware.

I believe that you already installed OSX(retail installation i think), so try configure it:

Power management Speed Step: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/295587-power-management-for-sandyivy-bridgehaswell-cpus/?do=findComment&comment=1994724

I never used HD4600 or adjust it brightness, but you need see in forum how adjust them!

Good Luck!

Okay so pgonzo told me that brightness is okay now, let's continue with nvidia optimus disabling. Here's the SSDT I need you to test. Unzip both to Extra, overwrite if you are prompted so then do a reboot, go to System Report > Graphics to see if you have the same result as I do ( mine is 3000, yours should show 4600 )

XUh4Gwh.png

Alien_SSDT.zip

l50TJUB.pnghere yah go vusun, it worked. it took out the nvidia 765m. here's a screenshot

update - ok for some reason after i updated the synaptics touchpad driver from rehabman, the dvd rom eject icon came on the top upper right. and its working. 

thanks. i can go to sleep happy.

just one more thing. vusun, when ever you have the chance, when i plug my hdmi the computer freezes. im guessing it wont output audio either. im gonna try to google it maybe i can do it but if you have a chance. it'll be appreciated. 

vusun, i was able to compile my dsdt with 2 errors that i was able to fix. now i have a dsdt.dsl and a bunch of ssdt.dsl.   I'm now trying to learn on how to patch things, so maybe i can try to enable my nvidia after i have learned a few things about patching.  my question is, can you tell me the patches you did for my alienware. I've been trying to recreate it but i can't. many thanks again

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hold on, I can help him with that, leave him to me :D

Hi, vusun123:

Can you help me for similar modification of my DSDT and SSDT to disable Nvidia Optimus GTX 880M ?

I have tried in vain by DSDT Editor due to too many errors.

My laptop is Asus G750JZ and Audio is Realtek AL-282 with working Speaker output now.

If possible I need HDMI audio for internal Intel HD4600 too.

I have got these DSDT & 7 SSDT with AIDA64 Business version 4.30

DSDT.aml.zip

SSDT.zip

• 5 months later...

I am trying to get my Alienware 17 to run 10.9.5. I have installed Niresh Mavericks, but it will not allow me to update. Have you been able to update with the way you have yours set up and did you use Niresh or something else to get it to work? I really need to set this up for work. My Macbook keeps having a kernel panic because the GPU is going bad. The Computer is only two years old! I refuse to buy another Macbook or fix it when I have a perfectly good Alienware 17. Please Help if you can.