• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

guitarsimo93

guitarsimo93

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Since I installed OS X on my Hackintosh, I’ve been facing this one problem with both iMessage and FaceTime: they’re both not working, instead I’m being greeted with a window saying the following:

So I’ve decided to write a post explaining how I actually was able to get it work, so let’s begin shall we?

First, you’re gonna need a real serial number, not a fake one, and I actually found a post explaining just how to do that, for more information just visit this link, try rebooting when done.

If you get iMessage to work after rebooting, then congratulations! You got iMessage working! If not, read on.

Second, you’re gonna need to call Apple support, you can call them on the number corresponding to your country or you can simply use Skype or magicJack to call them on their US customer support number,  more info here. In my case, the answer machine picked up the phone, asking me to provide it with the device’s model and serial number, just ignore and it should redirect you to the director of the call centre or another person at Apple support.

Now, he’ll ask you to describe the issue, tell him the following:

They will probably ask you to provide them with your name, a callback number (if you’re calling from outside the US you don’t have to, just tell them), the serial number and your Apple ID.

Once you’re done, all you have to do is quit out of iMessage/FaceTime and open it again, and you should be able to login and use it normally.

Enjoy!

Very good :) it work for me :) thanks so much!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: imessage, factime, messages

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy