• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

guitarsimo93

guitarsimo93

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Since I installed OS X on my Hackintosh, I’ve been facing this one problem with both iMessage and FaceTime: they’re both not working, instead I’m being greeted with a window saying the following:

So I’ve decided to write a post explaining how I actually was able to get it work, so let’s begin shall we?

First, you’re gonna need a real serial number, not a fake one, and I actually found a post explaining just how to do that, for more information just visit this link, try rebooting when done.

If you get iMessage to work after rebooting, then congratulations! You got iMessage working! If not, read on.

Second, you’re gonna need to call Apple support, you can call them on the number corresponding to your country or you can simply use Skype or magicJack to call them on their US customer support number,  more info here. In my case, the answer machine picked up the phone, asking me to provide it with the device’s model and serial number, just ignore and it should redirect you to the director of the call centre or another person at Apple support.

Now, he’ll ask you to describe the issue, tell him the following:

They will probably ask you to provide them with your name, a callback number (if you’re calling from outside the US you don’t have to, just tell them), the serial number and your Apple ID.

Once you’re done, all you have to do is quit out of iMessage/FaceTime and open it again, and you should be able to login and use it normally.

Enjoy!

Very good :) it work for me :) thanks so much!!

YoYelloW

YoYelloW

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 143 posts

So i've delt with many of these calls as a former applecare advisor.

Its important to say that you have an issue with your appleID, the way apple logs cases is either appleID is or a mac issue, if you say something in the lines of i have an issue with my appleID, it gives an custoemr code then you will not need a serial number, just a valid appleID (which you have ofcourse :) )

The reason that advisors are asking for serials or even screen sharing is because they do not know this issue and are unsure what to do with the customer code (not sure how many times i have explained to former colleages what to do with it)

lemans

lemans

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
Hi YoYellow,

ok, do I understand correctly: With any (generated) serial i can call apple support in case that my hacky gave me a customer code on imessage?

In case that we get an rookie suporter could you advise, where to point him, for the correct procedure to fix this?

regards

lemans

thedubiousdubber

thedubiousdubber

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

From my understanding, to get Messages working after getting this error, Apple merely needs to remove a block on your account. I did this successfully last Sunday after being on the phone for over an hour (99% of which was being on hold). It was super easy and straightforward, and everything worked after reboot. Now my issue is that the same error code has come back. I don't know at what point, but I noticed last night that I'm getting the same error, with the same exact customer code. I wouldn't be surprised if this happened because some variable was changing on reboots, but given my customer code is the exact same, it would indicate the same problem repeating itself. So why was I blocked again?

YoYelloW

YoYelloW

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 143 posts

Hi YoYellow,

ok, do I understand correctly: With any (generated) serial i can call apple support in case that my hacky gave me a customer code on imessage?

In case that we get an rookie suporter could you advise, where to point him, for the correct procedure to fix this?

regards

lemans

well yes and no.

a random generated serial will not get accepted at applecare, simply said the system does not recognize it and the advisor will think you made a reading error etc. but for this specific issue you dont need a serial number.

In case of a rookie advisor: they have to the icloud support tool then imesage/facetime..

Because this can be specified as an appleID issue you only need a valid appleID

From my understanding, to get Messages working after getting this error, Apple merely needs to remove a block on your account. I did this successfully last Sunday after being on the phone for over an hour (99% of which was being on hold). It was super easy and straightforward, and everything worked after reboot. Now my issue is that the same error code has come back. I don't know at what point, but I noticed last night that I'm getting the same error, with the same exact customer code. I wouldn't be surprised if this happened because some variable was changing on reboots, but given my customer code is the exact same, it would indicate the same problem repeating itself. So why was I blocked again?

I think your suspicion is correct and something did change at reboot, the code is the same as it is simply account bound and does not change every time you are blocked. the only thing is, you have to call apple again to get it unblocked...

thedubiousdubber

thedubiousdubber

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

I haven't changed a thing since my previous post. I may have rebooted again, but now I'm getting a different error. I no longer get a code, but just the 'could not be activated at this time' message. This is odd...

kurtaks

kurtaks

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

So i've delt with many of these calls as a former applecare advisor.

Its important to say that you have an issue with your appleID, the way apple logs cases is either appleID is or a mac issue, if you say something in the lines of i have an issue with my appleID, it gives an custoemr code then you will not need a serial number, just a valid appleID (which you have ofcourse :) )

The reason that advisors are asking for serials or even screen sharing is because they do not know this issue and are unsure what to do with the customer code (not sure how many times i have explained to former colleages what to do with it)

Thanks for the tip! :thumbsup_anim: It worked for me, waited for around 15 minutes to get connected to the Apple Care guy. Said there is something wrong with my Apple ID and couldn't sign into iMessages and gave him the customer code, and within few minutes the guy said to try and sign in and iMessages and FaceTime works after that.

I haven't changed a thing since my previous post. I may have rebooted again, but now I'm getting a different error. I no longer get a code, but just the 'could not be activated at this time' message. This is odd...

Run imessage_debug and check the SmUUID , ROM and MLB values. Do the values change every time you reboot?

thedubiousdubber

thedubiousdubber

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Run imessage_debug and check the SmUUID , ROM and MLB values. Do the values change every time you reboot?

I haven't checked since the code came up for the very first time, but when I did, it was not changing on reboot, so not sure why it would now.

teddybearapple

teddybearapple

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
Please I have called apple support they took me through all the possible ways to fix the iMessage but the option I still get is "Couldn't sign in. Please check your network. They checked and everything shows I have no problem with signing in . Is there something I need to do about my network settings or something?

YoYelloW

YoYelloW

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 143 posts

Please I have called apple support they took me through all the possible ways to fix the iMessage but the option I still get is "Couldn't sign in. Please check your network. They checked and everything shows I have no problem with signing in . Is there something I need to do about my network settings or something?

You have an isue that is not described here, be sure to check other options, as this thread will not help you im afraid.

leodaniel

leodaniel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Your ID's aren't correct!

Check iMessageDebug and if you are using Chameleon you can forget it for now on 10.10

teddybearapple

teddybearapple

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
I'm using clover now followed your procedure but says activation error I think I need to call apple again

teddybearapple

teddybearapple

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
Working now thanks. No issues at all since yesterday

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: imessage, factime, messages

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy