• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Miztorr

Miztorr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Since I installed OS X on my Hackintosh, I’ve been facing this one problem with both iMessage and FaceTime: they’re both not working, instead I’m being greeted with a window saying the following:

Your Apple ID “name@website.com” can’t be used to set up iMessage at this time.

If this is a new Apple ID, you do not need to create another one. To use this Apple ID with iMessage, contact iMessage support with the code below.

Customer Code: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

So I’ve decided to write a post explaining how I actually was able to get it work, so let’s begin shall we?

First, you’re gonna need a real serial number, not a fake one, and I actually found a post explaining just how to do that, for more information just visit this link, try rebooting when done.

If you get iMessage to work after rebooting, then congratulations! You got iMessage working! If not, read on.

Second, you’re gonna need to call Apple support, you can call them on the number corresponding to your country or you can simply use Skype or magicJack to call them on their US customer support number,  more info here. In my case, the answer machine picked up the phone, asking me to provide it with the device’s model and serial number, just ignore and it should redirect you to the director of the call centre or another person at Apple support.

Now, he’ll ask you to describe the issue, tell him the following:

I’m calling because I’m having problems with activating iMessage on my [insert Mac model], it’s asking me to call Apple support and provide them with some customer code.

They will probably ask you to provide them with your name, a callback number (if you’re calling from outside the US you don’t have to, just tell them), the serial number and your Apple ID.

Once you’re done, all you have to do is quit out of iMessage/FaceTime and open it again, and you should be able to login and use it normally.

Enjoy!

stdudy_ming

stdudy_ming

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Dear Sir: I tried your method but no go. The Apple customer service did not call back.

Miztorr

Miztorr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Dear Sir: I tried your method but no go. The Apple customer service did not call back.

Excuse me my friend, but I've never mentioned Apple calling you back, everything should take place in that one phone call.

Can you describe in details the conversation you had with Apple?

themonarc

themonarc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Hardware maintenance and setup, any and all electronics

You, sir, are a saint. Worked for me! Had my call redirected like 3 times, they suspected nothing.  :thumbsup_anim:

Onixs

Onixs

Since 2007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

verified and it works!

redirected 3 times,call lasted for 10minutes. 

Thanks

Lacedaemon

Lacedaemon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Hackintosh, Android, Linux, Servers, Jailbreaking

Thanks, I can confirm that I can sign in using this method!

However, anyone I try iMessaging is "not registered with iMessage". Any ideas?

Edit: Waited for a couple weeks, and today, upon logging in, Messages asked me if I wanted to enable read receipts, and I was able to iMessage people!

Edited by Lacedaemon, 13 May 2014 - 03:27 AM.

ckegman

ckegman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

had to call support but had good serial and done on about 5 minutes. Remember VALID SERIAL # needed... Thanks for the guide.....

slayer2333

slayer2333

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

I tried this method as well (before reading this topic).  I tried to generate several serial numbers with clover configurator (for a Macbook Pro 11,2) and checked each of them on Apple's website until i found one that was genuine.  Then i called Apple support.  When i provided the Serial number and name he told me that this mac was not registered under the same name, i told him that i purchased this mac on KIJIJI (Free Local Classifieds in Canada) and that trick did the job.

But the guy didn't seem to have experience with this kind of issue (he didn't ask for the code, but went through some generic troubleshooting solutions like setting up the right date on my 'Mac').  Everytime a solution doesn't work he was putting me on hold then probably asking his colleagues and this game lasted around 20 minutes.  After that he suggested to put me on conference with their advisor who tried first to confirm the serial number.  Then he also tried a first solution consisting of creating another user account on the mac and login/logout again.

Finally he said that for some reason my Apple ID was blocked (if you only knew why dear advisor :P)  and that he unlocked it.  Immediatly after that everything was working again.  The overall troubleshooting including the first technician took around 30 min.

So yeah i confirm that this trick works, but i am concerned that when the owner of the real mac i took the serial from (it was purchased in Feb 2014 so pretty new) would call and they will tell him that he is not the owner of his mac :D

romaincs

romaincs

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Hey all,

I had the same issue : "Call Apple customer support".

I called them with Genuine serial (not used in hack smbios). They asked for my name, my AppleID and my customer code and removed something from their support software and everything works good now.

Not sure if they "register" the genuine SN on my name.

chippo911

chippo911

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I got a genuine serials from trying chameleon wizard several time. Just wonder will the dude using the "real Mac" receive my imessage on his Mac :D any one know?

CoBrA2168

CoBrA2168

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

It all depends on the rep you get.  I rattled off a fake serial number and then mentioned that I had a customer code instead.  She ignored the fact that I didn't have a real serial number and proceeded with the code.  After that she unlocked my iMessage/Facetime.

blaugh

blaugh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Took the time to register and complete the quizzes just to say thank you for this post, it worked flawlessly.  Was only on the phone for 12 minutes with Apple support and 5 of those minutes was waiting on hold when I first called in.

Thank you!!

FusselFux

FusselFux

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

this was helping me: http://www.insanelym...king/?p=2056387

midi ッ

midi ッ

YYEEEEEEP .... just try it ...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Onixs and me tried to reach them (infact, he tried for me, thanks a lot :wub: ) but the Support Center asked me to share my screen, which I think is too risky (Onixs thinks so too!). So what to do now? We will retry anyway, hoping someone else will help without screen sharing.

EDIT: Fixed iMessage by calling them again (thanks Onixs)

elviejo

elviejo

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

You don't need a real serial number, you can use one generated by chameleon wizard and a proper baseband serial with the proper length, after that try to log in with your apple id, if the first intent fail make another id, sign with it, close iMessage open it again and sign with the apple id original, it will work this time, no calls to support no real serial numbers needed. :P

Extreme™

Extreme™

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

You don't need a real serial number, you can use one generated by chameleon wizard and a proper baseband serial with the proper length, after that try to log in with your apple id, if the first intent fail make another id, sign with it, close iMessage open it again and sign with the apple id original, it will work this time, no calls to support no real serial numbers needed. :P

This worked 1-2 times... then no longer.

Finally, I called apple care - as suggested by Miztorr - and now problem has ben solved! :lol:

-

Extreme™

Extreme™

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

I have a question for Miztorr.

Ok, now my i-message works fine. In future - for example after an update of mavericks to 10.9.5 - i-message  will still work?

For the moment, I have solved by replacing the serial number in config.plist with an original apple serial number and calling apple care . This is enough? Or do I have to edit the config.plist as you explain in your guide?

Thank you!

valiant.net

valiant.net

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Hacking,Cracking,Cryptology

Dude those method will only work if only you have a real mac then you can copy its ROM, MLB, and SmUUID and then install it in you hackintosh.

Extreme™

Extreme™

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Very bad news.

As stated above, i solved my problem with i-message thanks to calling apple care.

Today, i did a system restore with time machine. I restored the system to a previous date when i solved the problem with imessage.

I then open imessage and i entered username and password (my apple id ) to enter.

Nothing doing: i do not log because according to him my apple id is new and i have to contact customer support in order to solve!

Then: occurs again the same issue as before.

To all: don't waste your time calling apple, so need a little!

Regards.

Stefan Milev

Stefan Milev

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
So why don't you call them again? This is the reason I have three other partitions to try things. My working partition I leave alone because of iMessage. This is the only thing that brakes in my system (if I mess around with it) and after that it's very difficult to solve the issue.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: imessage, factime, messages

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy