Intel HD 4600 not working (Mavericks 10.9.2)

DanielRS

33 posts in this topic

I'm able to install Mavericks 10.9.4 using HD 4600 integrated VGA port, with Clover enabling both Intel and EDID inject and using 0x0300220D device ID as specified in Toleda's patch.

The system used is a Gigabyte GA-H87M-HD3 + i3 4330 + 8GB low voltage Crucial RAM + 120 GB M500 Crucial SSD.

Hope this helps.

I'm able to install Mavericks 10.9.4 using HD 4600 integrated VGA port, with Clover enabling both Intel and EDID inject and using 0x0300220D device ID as specified in Toleda's patch.

The system used is a Gigabyte GA-H87M-HD3 + i3 4330 + 8GB low voltage Crucial RAM + 120 GB M500 Crucial SSD.

Hope this helps.

huh i am reading correct , u booted HD 4600 using VGA ? 

explain by any tutorial how you did that please

huh i am reading correct , u booted HD 4600 using VGA ? 

explain by any tutorial how you did that please

Nothing special:

- boot Clover

- in Clover screen go to options

- in Graphic Injector menu select InjectEDID, InjectIntel and in FakeID insert 0x0300220D

- boot

The problem is that you'll be able to boot with VGA, BUT: using a standard video driver without QI/CE.

So, my solution is only partial... the best will be patching APpleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext to enable VGA port as done by others for HD4000, but I don't know if it is possible, I don't have enough knowledge :)

• Like 1

Nothing special:

- boot Clover

- in Clover screen go to options

- in Graphic Injector menu select InjectEDID, InjectIntel and in FakeID insert 0x0300220D

- boot

The problem is that you'll be able to boot with VGA, BUT: using a standard video driver without QI/CE.

So, my solution is only partial... the best will be patching APpleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext to enable VGA port as done by others for HD4000, but I don't know if it is possible, I don't have enough knowledge :)

Thanks for the infos , we need someone to patch VGA for us :D

I have an odd issue with my 4600 (desktop). If I connect only one display through either DVI or DP (I don't have a HDMI adapter sadly so can't try that port), I get a picture but with heavy graphic bugs on both ports. If I connect TWO monitors, one DP and one DVI, at the same time, then I get a bug-free image on both displays. Anyone know why that is? I want to use a single display on the IGPU but can't seem to get it to work.

I've tried all ig-platform-id settings (the ones suggested in clover docs and 0x0300220D), but no difference or not able to boot. I also tried the kext linked above (from DP2 I assume), but no difference.

I was going to try the toleda patch above too, but I'm not sure how to detect what display is connected to what framebuffer, the instructions are a bit unclear on that. Also, from what I can see my port numbers are 0x5, 0x6 and 0x0 (not 0x7) when I check them with IOJones. Anyone that can help a newbie out with better instructions here?

Hi,

I've been around for a while now and I know I haven't been the most active user on this forum but I'd like to thank all of you a lot for the help you provided all these years.

I've been struggling for days with my HD4600 graphics on Mavericks and I finally made it work!

I tried several bootloaders, IntelAzul values, platform ids, patches, flags... Either my computer booted with a blank screen, or didn't with kernel panics or stuck on "missing bluetooth controller transport"

My solution was to keep the Azul kext from 10.9.1, I installed it with Kext Wizard in S/L/E and I can now boot properly with IntelAzulFB=10.

I hope this will help someone with the same IGPU.

Thanks again,

FYI :

AsRock H81M-ITX

Intel i3-4330 (HD4600 on HDMI)

OS X 10.9.2 installed with myHack

I tried that, hoping it would magically work with my HD 4600/i3-4330/ASRock H85M-HDS setup, but now I'm getting stuck here, no matter what boot arguments I try to use:

Pkc2IYi.jpg

The bootloader I'm using is Chimera.

Update: Repaired permissions and now my display goes blank after it goes through the regular boot lines. This is what everything was originally doing after a fresh install, so nothing has changed on my end.

That is the Azul desktop framebuffer, not a device_id.

0x0300220D only has DisplayPort connectors.

Yes, I confused it, that the reason why I was able to boot with VGA cable: 'cause with it (or any other number) OSX will not use the Azul driver, resulting in the ability to use the VGA connector, but loosing the functionality of the driver.