OS X Mavericks 10.9.3 to dev

178 posts in this topic

Never happened to me before with a dev build bus this one refuses to boot.

In verbose mode no errors of any kind, boots fine till the grey screen which lasts an eternity without the apple logo ever appearing.

Might look into it more but no obvious errors on this rock solid hack.

Never happened to me before with a dev build bus this one refuses to boot.

In verbose mode no errors of any kind, boots fine till the grey screen which lasts an eternity without the apple logo ever appearing.

Might look into it more but no obvious errors on this rock solid hack.

Same thing happens on a Mac Pro with flashed 7950 and 7970.

Check your crash logs in console, you should find Windowserver crash report.

What GPU do you have?

For those who updated to Build 13D17, I am afraid your AICPUM kext is not loading. You can check that in terminal by entering command "kextstat" and search for "Intel".

Same thing happens on a Mac Pro with flashed 7950 and 7970.

Check your crash logs in console, you should find Windowserver crash report.

What GPU do you have?

I have got black screen as well on 13D17.

Windowserver crashes.

I have Nvidia 9600GT.

For those who updated to Build 13D17, I am afraid your AICPUM kext is not loading. You can check that in terminal by entering command "kextstat" and search for "Intel".

I hadn't noticed that. It's not loaded here either but I still have power management (according to HWMonitor and IPG).

Update: I had power management because C1E had kicked in (it was set to Auto in the BIOS which usually meant off). When I disabled C1E I lost power management until I rolled back to the kext from 13D12.

• Like 1

I hadn't noticed that. It's not loaded here either but I still have power management (according to HWMonitor and IPG).

Update: I had power management because C1E had kicked in (it was set to Auto in the BIOS which usually meant off). When I disabled C1E I lost power management until I rolled back to the kext from 13D12.

For me, even AICPM kext is not loading speedstep is also working.

I rolled back the Nvidia drivers from 13D12. Windowserver still crashing, black screen on boot instead of desktop loading.

Then i ran the complete 13D12 update package again, and still black screen. (Cannot run the 10.9.2 update package)

Something has gotten seriously f*cked up with 13D17(sorry, not 13D19) update. 

Display detection maybe. Some file has been overwritten, and it crashes the Windowserver.

Update: DVI output still works ok (GUI loads fine, no black screen and no Windowserver crash), VGA output is the one which has got broken.

OpenGL Channel Exceptions still present on special cases.

I rolled back the Nvidia drivers from 13D12. Windowserver still crashing, black screen on boot instead of desktop loading.

Then i ran the complete 13D12 update package again, and still black screen. (Cannot run the 10.9.2 update package)

Something has gotten seriously f*cked up with 13D19 update. 

Display detection maybe. Some file has been overwritten, and it crashes the Windowserver.

I used my 10.9.2 install disk which I always keep in hand just for this kind of cases and it sorted it out.

Just install right over it and all your settings and additional software are save, no losses.

Probably the easiest way and just takes 20 minutes.

which update version 13D19 do you think? the current version is 13D17 !!

I found no serious change over the previous beta update versions 13D17, it works as before nice on AMD

which update version 13D19 do you think? the current version is 13D17 !!

I found no serious change over the previous beta update versions 13D17, it works as before nice on AMD

Yeah, i got lost in the numbers, corrected it.

I guess you are not using VGA output then, cause that's what has got broken for me.

I have unpacked the the two last beta packages (13D12 and 13D17), and i am about to crosscheck them, to see what's new in the last one.

It could take some time though.

Console had a message like "Display-B unusable".

Display-A might have been the DVI output, and B the VGA one.

Interestingly for me some things work a little better now. When i was trying to change the resolution or refresh rate the screen was going all black until i reverted it.

Now it is working as it should, all refresh rates and resolutions load.

I wont hurry now updating after the last time.  ^_^

I could not really find what messed up the video output in 13D17.

AppleGraphicsControl, IOGraphicsFamily, all are new versions, but the problem should have been gone when i put back 13D12, but it didn't.