Dell Inspiron 15R - 5537 - woes, issues, what I've done

78 posts in this topic

Here are my patched files, after using MaciASL - Unfortunately they didn't allow me to change resolution or brightness =( oh well! It's still working very well! 

To change brightness, you have to follow exactly my guide. You will have brightness after having dsdt.aml, ssdt.aml, ssdt-1.aml, ssdt-2.aml and install right kexts.

this is very strange, so I reformatted that partition and installed fresh - 4 times

every time I install, the laptop's touchpad/keyboard don't work OotB, but the Atheros 9285 does - I have to boot without injected kexts and then my keyboard/trackpad combo works.... AND 

Clover won't boot anymore after I install it on that partition.

I have no clue why, but when I install clover using your 7000 guide, using the exact setup you describe, it installs clover to the ESP partition

can I just copy it over to my MacOSX volume?

Clover UEFI needs to be installed in ESP, NOT MacOSX partition.

Each steps have to be carefully followd, or you won't boot anymore.

It is installed there, as per the instructions - It just won't boot anymore when I add the boot file in my BIOS - It only shows the partitions of my Mac volume and my Windows volume

I don't know how it was so easy to get it working the last time

AND WE'RE GOLDEN! 

Mounted the EFI Partition from within Mac OS X, used Clover Config and edited the config.plist with TextWrangler - got it to boot without caches which allowed me to use my keyboard/track pad and then edited the config so the actual Clover bootloader would load w/o any errors. 

I added the SSDTs and the DSDT and I have Brightness fully working, iMessages working, iCloud fully intact, AND WiFi working!

FRESH INSTALL LOOKS AMAZING!

thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you 

• Like 1

OK one last issue - audio over HDMI - it's using the Intel HD5xxx kext apparently - but do I need to patch the SSDT again for this to work?

DSDT has everything ready for HDMI audio, what you need is kexts patching.

My 7000 can't even connect to HDMI TV, it freezes at plugging in.

Ah damn, yeah I was reading into that HERE, but was at a loss - I saw the series 7, Intel HD4000 section, but al it supplied me with was a custom SSDT that I assume I patched wrong, but I guess I needed to patch AppleHDA as well

oh well, another thing for another day. I'd do Audio out via my headphone jack, but I still get some feedback [when headphones/line-out is plugged in only] so I'll fix that when I'm feeling up to it