GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H DSDT Help

MacFaulty

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am looking for somebody who can optimize / patch my DSDT. I would like to do it myself, but I'm scared I screw up my computer by doing something that shouldn't be done. I already extracted my DSDT with MacIASL and included it as attachment.

At the moment I'm using Tony's (yes, indeed that one) way to set up a DSDT Free installation as that's possible with the board I have, but I think I can get it all just a little bit better by having a patched one.

While you're at it, could you also explain to me the differences between a DSDT free and with DSDT? I want to use Clover (still researching) as I'd like to boot UEFI into Windows. I have Clover already running on my laptop, so that's not an issue for me. I only don't want to screw things up, that's all.

If there is a volunteer who wants to take a look at it, that will be very appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance.

I also have an ATi Radeon HD6950. In Windows I use VirtuMVP (IGFX is enabled in BIOS and I'm working on that one in OS X, so the discrete don't need to be removed).

My system specs:

Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H rev. 1.0

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770

RAM: Crucial 16GB DDR3 1333Mhz

Graphics used in OS X: Builtin HD4000

Discrete Graphics (not used in OS X): ATi Radeon HD6950

GA-Z77X-UD5H rev1.0.zip

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to try this, rename the file to "DSDT.aml" (without quotes). The file have ALC898 injection, you must delete HDAEnabler from S/L/E or E/E

Thank you very much for the patched DSDT! I cannot try at this moment, but sure will in the coming weeks :)

Thanks again!

A DSDT file is only necessary if you need the table patched to activate or fix a feature (eg: graphics card injection for full QE/CI or Sleep/Wake support). However, it's not always necessary and some computer can run 100% Ok without patched DSDT. The patched table simply overwrites the original table read from BIOS but if the latter is sufficiently well written, patching is not necessary and OS X will simply make use of the table found in the BIOS.

Well, then I learned something too :) Thanks for the explanation. I thought that any system only runs fine with a DSDT, but that isn't true. Thank you.

• 2 months later...

I'm sorry to not respond for so long, but I want to replace my HD6950 (the thing just doesn't work) with a GTX 7x0 (maybe TI) series card. I heard that these will work natively. I guess that I need to extract my DSDT again, because of the change in GFX card?

I really wanted to try it, but it's just too much hassle with this HD 6000 Series card.