May I use iATKOS please?

maxell505

56 posts in this topic

Hi,maybe will need your hardware PLEASE :hysterical:

maxell: We are not your parents. You may use whatever you want, however, we can't support tonymac tools and the new iATKOS M here due to their "commercial" nature but whatever else you want to ask about, feel free.

If you meant to ask CAN you use iATKOS, there is no way anyone can possibly give you a meaningful answer to that question until you do what HUSABER asks you to do.

Why don't you try booting from that DVD to begin with and then see what happens, it's not like your laptop is going to explode.

• Like 1

I might have worded it wrong. I actually meant like will you guys help me even if I use iATKOS ML2?

I have tried booting from that disc but I am unable to because my BIOS does not have the option to change my sata to AHCI. I have looked through the whole thing and there is no option. I have a HP DM4-3099se Laptop

you have only HP DM4-3099se Laptop?

you do not ask the right....... :rolleyes:

you have only HP DM4-3099se Laptop?

you do not ask the right....... :rolleyes:

Yes HP DM4-3099se is the laptop that I am trying to make into a hackintosh. I do not have the AHCI option in my BIOS so I cannot boot from the DVD. Please help.

I don't understand how you can be so sure that not having any AHCI mode setting in your BIOS is the reason why iATKOS doesn't boot?

AHCI mode is not a requirement to boot or run OS X, much less a distro like iATKOS that already has modified drivers on it.

Besides, your laptop is so new that whatever Intel PCH is in it is probably in AHCI mode already.

Either way I can't verify that what your reasoning is sound or not because you haven't actually said anything about what happens when you try to boot from the DVD!

Try your DVD in any other PC, see if it will boot. If it doesn't boot in other PCs either, then it's simply a bad burn.

Posting only the make and model of your laptop is the same as asking other people to google it for you. Not cool. Post actual information about the hardware.

• Like 1

Ok so I put my CD/DVD drive to be first boot in my Boot order in my BIOS. I booted from it and it just automatically boots into Windows. It shows a black screen for maybe 5 seconds and than boots into Windows. I am probably going to get a flash drive tomorrow so can we just continue when I get it. I will install Niresh's copy of Mavericks on it and than do this again. Before I continue, is this all possible on a 4GB flash drive, because I have plenty of those?

If it goes straight to Windows then that simply isn't a properly bootable DVD. It's likely a bad burn.

About Niresh, no idea, never used it, not familiar with it. I know that retail/App Store OS X does not fit in 4GB unless you start deleting things.

If you already have the Niresh distro you shouldn't have to ask here if it will fit on a 4GB flash drive when you can just look at the filesize and draw your own conclusion.

oh yeah for sure. I want mavericks. I mainly want OSX because of the multi-touch gestures. That is the MAIN reason. I know that this website does not support ##### but how else am I going to install the kexts if I do not have that. I am pretty sure that multi-touch gestures are not going to be enabled right when I install OSX. So I will most likely need a kext for my trackpad.

If your trackpad and keyboard are connected via PS2 internally, then they will not work out of the box, Apple does not use PS2.

So yes you will need a third party driver (kernel extension) for that, which, if you're going to use a distro, will already be included.

About *beast:

You don't need any kind of external tool to install a kernel extension.

Just drop it into /System/Library/Extensions, ignore the popup warnings, open Terminal.app and enter:

sudo -s (then enter your password)

cd /System/Library/Extensions

chown -R root:wheel nameofkernelextension.kext

chmod -R 755 nameofkernelextension.kext

touch /System/Library/Extensions

exit

(that's it)

Then reboot.

If typing commands makes you uncomfortable, you could also use cVads kext utility to install kernel extensions.

Ok so I am actually at school right now but when I get home I will make a usb flash drive from the mavericks ISO I have. Should I put kext utility on a separate USB flash drive and than use it when I have successfully installed OSX Mavericks?

If your trackpad and keyboard are connected via PS2 internally, then they will not work out of the box, Apple does not use PS2.

So yes you will need a third party driver (kernel extension) for that, which, if you're going to use a distro, will already be included.

About *beast:

You don't need any kind of external tool to install a kernel extension.

Just drop it into /System/Library/Extensions, ignore the popup warnings, open Terminal.app and enter:

sudo -s (then enter your password)

cd /System/Library/Extensions

chown -R root:wheel nameofkernelextension.kext

chmod -R 755 nameofkernelextension.kext

touch /System/Library/Extensions

exit

(that's it)

Then reboot.

If typing commands makes you uncomfortable, you could also use cVads kext utility to install kernel extensions.

yes, of course you need kext util unless you use terminal :)

So I got the new USB drive and I installed OSX Mavericks on it by using the Win32 disk image writer program. I successfully did that but when I try to go to my BIOS change my boot order, I cannot do so because I used to have this option that quickly flashed and said "press F10 to enter BIOS settings" but now I do not have that option anymore. All my laptop does is show this black screen for about 5 seconds when I first boot and when I press F10 or any of the other F keys and esc, it still will not let me enter the BIOS. Please help. My laptop is a HP DM4-3099se.

The key to press is F10, if you can not get into the bios is a big problem. Search for the HP support

So I got into the BIOS somehow and I than installed OSX and everything worked fine until when I first installed it and than I restarted and when I chose OSX Mavericks at the Boot screen it just showed the white apple logo and it showed the circle spinning. Than the circle stopped and nothing happened after that. I than tried to boot with GraphicsEnabler=No and than the same thing happened but now music started to play also. I was using Niresh so it was probably his music that he put into the distro. Than I tried to boot with -x and and I got to the welcome screen but everything was off the screen. I only saw half of the welcome screen. Please help me!