• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

kabamaru

kabamaru

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Sorry, maybe my phrasing wasn't very clear. I've tried both my gpus separately i.e. disabling the other.

midi :D

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

hmmmmm, ok try to use intel's only and try this :

Add under Graphics this

<key>ig-platform-id</key>
<string>0x01620005</string>

OR

<string>0x01620006</string>

OR

<string>0x01620007</string>

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Moderators
  • 3,775 posts

try  boot with -f -v -x dart=0 npci=0x2000 or 0x3000

kabamaru

kabamaru

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

@midi: do you mean trying these values in the "FakeID" field in Graphics Injector (or whatever it's named) in the Clover options menu? If yes I tried these values but nothing changed.

@iFire: if I do that, the boot process ends much earler. It displays a  thing about "uptime in nanoseconds" for a second and reboots:

Attached File  DSCN1449.JPG   162.45KB   3 downloads

PS1. The video of installing clover on a stick for legacy bios, says that you have to copy a bunch of kernel extensions to the stick's EFI partition (fakesmc, lspcidrv, nullcpublablabla). It doesn't say where to get these though, nor does this guide.

PS2. Not that it helped me with my problem but, I found out how to make Clover work with pure UEFI (source):

Note: If when you select the Installer to Boot to and the System instantly reboots back to the Clover Screen. Mount the EFI partition on your USB and go to  drivers64UEFI  and remove VBoxHfs-64.efi and replace it with HFSPlus.efi found here

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Moderators
  • 3,775 posts

7. How to Install the kexts to the USBInstaller/EFI/CloverEFI/Kext 10.9 - https://www.dropbox.... Kexts 10 9.png

this are  in the guide, if you not read, not find  :yes:

EDIT: in the video how  to install Clover to USB Flash drive or HD, if you pay attention in the video have how to install the kexts to EFI Partition

or better download EFIMounter app from the guide, mount the EFI and put the kexts that you need

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

@midi: do you mean trying these values in the "FakeID" field in Graphics Injector (or whatever it's named) in the Clover options menu? If yes I tried these values but nothing changed.

@iFire: if I do that, the boot process ends much earler. It displays a  thing about "uptime in nanoseconds" for a second and reboots:

attachicon.gifDSCN1449.JPG

PS1. The video of installing clover on a stick for legacy bios, says that you have to copy a bunch of kernel extensions to the stick's EFI partition (fakesmc, lspcidrv, nullcpublablabla). It doesn't say where to get these though, nor does this guide.

PS2. Not that it helped me with my problem but, I found out how to make Clover work with pure UEFI (source):

Well not that, you must edit the config.plist in Clover folder (in EFI folder :P ) and then go to

<key>Graphics</key> #OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT

and copy ONE and ONLY ONE of the ig-platform-id I gave you, if one didn't work, try the other, and so one and so fourth, and for that you can use an OS X installed on any device and download Clover Configurator (download the release or the beta is the same ;) ) for a simpler way to edit that file, then go to Graphics section, and type one of these

0x01620005

OR

0x01620006

OR

0x01620007

IF you don't have it and have Windows OR linux instead, use a normal text editor (like Notepad++ on Windows OR gedit/nano on Linux :D )

And these values can't be changed on Clover (when booting) directly (you aren't faking anything), and btw, in this guide they show how to boot Clover when you're on Legacy BIOS/Mode and this to make sure that all the computers can run it (since Clover isn't meant for UEFI boards, and I do boot it from UEFI ;) ).

Tell us if this works ;)

kabamaru

kabamaru

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

@ midi:

Thanks. I tried these values correctly this time. The 1st one has no effect (same bluetooth message), the other two cause a kernel panic.

@iFIRE:

The screenshot shows the destination dir, not the place where the files are. I have no files to copy. The guy in the video has a folder on his desktop named "kext to VanillaInstall". Anyway, it really doesn't matter at this point.

I tried a different method and booted and installed Mavericks without issues, with nvidia and all. Everything seemed jolly until I found out wake from suspend doesn't work, and my apple wireless keyboard sometimes works, others not. Again: issues upon issues. I think I'm going to pass afterall, and stick with Windows for the time being.

Again, thanks guys for your time and energy.

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

OK disable Intel and make sure Clover injects Nvidia, or else it wont work :) I really don't know how to get it to work, but people are saying it works oob :\

hellrokr

hellrokr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

in 3 days ill be trying this :) looks a monster of a tutorial!

thanks

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

in 3 days ill be trying this :) looks a monster of a tutorial!

thanks

:D ok :)

andvoider

andvoider

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Hi There,

I wanted to install OSX Maverick on my Laptop.

I Have a Lenovo G410 which have the following Specs:

Intel Core i5 4200M

Intel® HD Graphics 4600

Is it Possible?
and where should i start?

ios9

ios9

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Hi There,

I wanted to install OSX Maverick on my Laptop.

I Have a Lenovo G410 which have the following Specs:

Intel Core i5 4200M

Intel® HD Graphics 4600

Is it Possible?
and where should i start?

Hi andvoider,

Welcome to insanelymac. Yes Lenovo G410 with i5 4200M and HD 4600 have latest hardware and will support mavericks installation. But make sure you check other hardware devices that comes with G410 are compatible with mavericks. Please do full research about your hardware compatibility with the version of OSX you would like to go with before you decide to do hackintoshing. 

Once you have done your research part then you can either start from the guide above or If you feel difficulty in using the above guide then you better follow the guide from below link.

http://www.insanelym...-for-mavericks/

Do remember you must have plenty of time and patience before you start your hackintosh project.

Happy Hackintoshing :)

andvoider

andvoider

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thank you for pointing me to the right direction.
Will start my research and hopefully i can find every piece of this puzzle.
I'm planning to put OSX Mavericks on my laptop.
Will this work for me? http://www.insanelym...cks-on-windows/

Update:

I was able to install mavericks correctly and using some great post install procedure. Reboot a couple of times with no issues. But now, i'm not able to boot properly anymore. I installed clover bootloader on my efi partition correctly and added ethernet kext. It was working fine but now nothing seems to work. It's a bit aggrevating but this is not the time to give up.

If someone could help me. Just tell me what do you need (config.plist, or whatever will be helpful to identify what im doing wrong.

Thanks!

Thank you in advance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy