[ NooBs Guide ] How to install OS X Mavericks from scratch in progress

ios9

32 posts in this topic

@ midi:

Thanks. I tried these values correctly this time. The 1st one has no effect (same bluetooth message), the other two cause a kernel panic.

@iFIRE:

The screenshot shows the destination dir, not the place where the files are. I have no files to copy. The guy in the video has a folder on his desktop named "kext to VanillaInstall". Anyway, it really doesn't matter at this point.

I tried a different method and booted and installed Mavericks without issues, with nvidia and all. Everything seemed jolly until I found out wake from suspend doesn't work, and my apple wireless keyboard sometimes works, others not. Again: issues upon issues. I think I'm going to pass afterall, and stick with Windows for the time being.

Again, thanks guys for your time and energy.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi There,

I wanted to install OSX Maverick on my Laptop.

I Have a Lenovo G410 which have the following Specs:

Intel Core i5 4200M

Intel® HD Graphics 4600

Is it Possible?
and where should i start?

Hi andvoider,

Welcome to insanelymac. Yes Lenovo G410 with i5 4200M and HD 4600 have latest hardware and will support mavericks installation. But make sure you check other hardware devices that comes with G410 are compatible with mavericks. Please do full research about your hardware compatibility with the version of OSX you would like to go with before you decide to do hackintoshing. 

Once you have done your research part then you can either start from the guide above or If you feel difficulty in using the above guide then you better follow the guide from below link.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-including-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners-updated-for-mavericks/

Do remember you must have plenty of time and patience before you start your hackintosh project.

Happy Hackintoshing :)

Thank you for pointing me to the right direction.

Will start my research and hopefully i can find every piece of this puzzle.

I'm planning to put OSX Mavericks on my laptop.

Will this work for me? http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298074-guide-create-boot-usb-installer-os-x-mavericks-on-windows/

Update:

I was able to install mavericks correctly and using some great post install procedure. Reboot a couple of times with no issues. But now, i'm not able to boot properly anymore. I installed clover bootloader on my efi partition correctly and added ethernet kext. It was working fine but now nothing seems to work. It's a bit aggrevating but this is not the time to give up.

If someone could help me. Just tell me what do you need (config.plist, or whatever will be helpful to identify what im doing wrong.

Thanks!

Thank you in advance