to NooBs GuiDe
This guide is presented to you all by me and iFire. emoticon-barcelona.gif 21.13KB 22 downloads
We will be putting some time and effort in contributing this new guide to all our community members and will be updated daily by us.
Basic Requirements to Lion /Mountain Lion/ Mavericks
✓ A Core 2 Duo or Core i3/i5/i7 Processors
✓ Minimum of 2GB RAM (But most recommended will be 4GB for performance boost)
✓ Minimum of 10GB hard disk space is required.
✓ Check your hardware compatibility list View Reference Link
✓ Last but not least and very important is to have lot of Patience
Part - I How to get access to a real Mac/OSX desktop/laptop using Windows PC
This part of the guide is must and only for all who don't have access to real Mac desktop/laptop. For others who can access real Mac desktop/laptop either by borrowing from friends or by any other means can skip this Part-I and move on to Part - II. Follow the steps taken in the below video to create a virtual mac system using Windows PC.The Virtual Machine should be either Lion/Mountain Lion/Mavericks OS X versions in order to proceed with next steps. So finally once you have a working Virtual Mac Machine then proceed to Part -II to create a OSX USB Boot Disk/Installer.
Part - II How to create OSX USB Boot disk/installer
✓ A working install of OS X : Virtual Machine or a native Install to make your USBInstaller.
✓ A flash drive of minimum size 8GB formatted in GUID/GPT partition map scheme and HFS+ format type (see pic below).
✓ A copy of Lion / Mountain Lion / Mavericks.app.
✓DiskMaker X application [File Download Link] to automate the process of creating USB Installer/boot disk.
Formatting USB flash drive
1. In Windows, format your flash drive in FAT32
2. In your VM/Mavericks open Disk Utility and format the flash drive GUID/GPT and HFS+
How to use DiskMaker X app
This video shows a good and easy tutorial on how to use the DiskMaker X app under Mac Virtual Machine in windows PC.
Part - III How to choose and install correct Boot Loader
How to install Clover boot loader on to USB Flash drive in Legacy BIOS mode
1. Download clover [File Download Link] and follow the video below.
How to Install CLOVER to UEFI Mode : Install Clover to USB/HDD - Clover UEFI Guide
Part - IV Preparing system for OSX Install
Here first make sure the following checklist is double checked in the case of Laptop/Desktop before proceeding to installation part.
# A Intel Laptop/Desktop with the OSX supported motherboard and processor.
# Remove all the external connected devices of the Laptop/Desktop.
# Only use On-Board Graphics and make sure you disable discrete graphics card either from BIOS or by removing it from Motherboard.
# Make sure you only have working motherboard, CPU with on-board graphics and USB 2.0 ports (Do not use USB 3.0 port,because they need special drivers and can be fixed in post install).
# For laptops use external Keyboard and Mouse for installation,this is because the trackpad/touchpad will not work until they are fixed with correct drivers, which can be done in post-install.
# Finally the above prepared OSX USB bootdisk/installer.
Part - V BIOS Settings/Configuration
Legacy BIOS - Laptops/Desktops
Config > Serial ATA (SATA) > SATA Controller Mode Option [AHCI]
Security > Memory Protection > Execution Prevention [Enabled]
Security > Security Chip > Security Chip [Disabled]
Startup > UEFI/Legacy Boot [Both]
Startup > UEFI/Legacy Boot Priority [Legacy First]
Part - VI Fix OSX Boot using Boot Flags and Other Fixes
Below are the list of combination of boot-flags which may be required for those who are having trouble to boot USB boot-disk/Installer.Please be aware the list of combinations has been tested, so don't mix unless you know what you're doing. And most importantly try the combinations one after other, BUT NEVER TRY MORE THAN ONE COMBINATION AT THE SAME TIME.
How to use boot flags in clover bootloader [View Reference Link]
1. First press any key at clover GUI to stop auto loading the Operating System, the Clover GUI screen is shown below.
ezgif-save (11).gif 26.21KB 31 downloads
2. From the above screen shown in step 1, make sure the OSX operating system is highlighted and press space bar key on the keyboard.
spacebar.jpg 12.76KB 30 downloads
3. Once after pressing the space bar key the below shown screen will appear.
ezgif-save (12).gif 209.13KB 23 downloads
4. From the above screen shown in step 3 there is a option named Boot Args, which is a short form for Boot Arguments (a.k.a Boot Flags). At this point highlight the Boot Args option and press Enter once and type the required boot flags and then press Enter again to lock editing. Remember only press Enter twice before and after typing to lock and unlock.Once done from there move on to return option and come back to operating systems menu and choose the right one and proceed.See pic below.
ezgif-save (13).gif 209.96KB 19 downloads
Other Boot Troubleshooting Fixes
If for some reasons the above boot flags didn't work and stuck somewhere with below messages then try these fixes. Please read reference link carefully before you proceed.
2. Pci configuration begin
PCI Configuration begin v.1.3.6 ACPIPlatform.zip 434.93KB
3. Instant reboot Haswell cpu mach_kernel.zip 3.32MB 131 downloads [View Reference Link]
4. Usb problems GenericUSB30.zip 47.74KB 88 downloads or Use this flag: USBBusFix=Yes
5. System boot ? - mv Graphics kext script.zip 1.35MB 128 downloads - Remove all Graphics kexts from S/L/E
6. SATA IDE Enhanced/Compatible Mode - The Installer d0n't see the HD to Format and Install- ICHx-based SATA chipsets/southbridges. SATA_IDE.zip 654.13KB 78 downloads
7. How to Install the kexts to the USBInstaller/EFI/CloverEFI/Kext 10.9 - https://www.dropbox.... Kexts 10 9.png
Finally once Installation is done successfully without any errors then do first boot from your Hard Disk. For some reasons the first boot may not go as smooth as it should and will need to try below steps as required.
1. Try booting with the same boot flags that have been used before for installing the OSX or try one from the above given list.
2. If you have problems with graphics kexts, try remove with this script -[File Download Link]
3. Problems with the first boot ? Kernel Panic, crash system, stop, Please, Screenshots of the error are always helpful