• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

Fabius Bile

Fabius Bile

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Case modding, War Hammer 40K, motorcycles, comics/manga, all serious stuff... XD

Very nice.
I used too the laptop dvd rom adapter for my old mod (a pc in the Nintendo NES case).
But in the new version i used an DVD RW with sata connection.

Only 1 thing, the heatshrinks is not too long?

P.S.

Happy holidays if you are christian :angel:

Razzle_Dazzle

Razzle_Dazzle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:Technology, information, pron, life, spiritual living.

Very nice.
I used too the laptop dvd rom adapter for my old mod (a pc in the Nintendo NES case).
But in the new version i used an DVD RW with sata connection.

Only 1 thing, the heatshrinks is not too long?

P.S.

Happy holidays if you are christian :angel:

thank you, The original apple optical drive slot came from a G5 laptop lol :) it is a very good adapt I am hoping the part will work fine.

The heat sink does seem long but I was not able to slide it further in as I would like. I had struggled to actually slide them on as far as I could lol

Thank you, I am christian happy belated Easter  Sunday.  :angel_not:

Razzle_Dazzle

Razzle_Dazzle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
April .25, April .26 and April. 29

So I am back and this time I have taken the big step to doing the back panel I/O.

Before I work on the back I needed to put the whole case together 
100_2310.jpg
100_2309.jpg

I ran out of battery for my camera and didn't want to bother using my nokia window 8 phone for any snap shoots but in either case I went ahead and mocked out the motherboard tray as well as the PSU cover. 

Back with battery 

so last time I left off I had a mock place where I was to cut

By this time I mocked out where the back panel port will sit and plotted out my plan to cut.
100_2311.jpg

I didn't bother in take picture of cutting the back out so i decide to move a long

I got the back end back in place for the fan slot. I went and moved it further closer to the left side. This left me with some big holes to fill in. Looks like more JB weld
100_2312.jpg

I ran out of JB weld and had to run out to the store. Got myself a new set of tube to work with

I went ahead and started to fill some holes in with more JB weld, Yes the case was upside down when I took the shoot lol
100_2313.jpg

This is all I was able to do, right now I am working on the I/O panel I will be filling some spot with JB weld and the rest with body fill. Lets hope I finish before the 5th. I leave on my vacation on the 6th :) wish me luck 3 day bus ride heading mid north west. 

Fabius Bile

Fabius Bile

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Case modding, War Hammer 40K, motorcycles, comics/manga, all serious stuff... XD

Ah, you have moved the fan holes to left, for this reason you have cut that area.

Good job and happy vacation.

Razzle_Dazzle

Razzle_Dazzle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Ah, you have moved the fan holes to left, for this reason you have cut that area.

Good job and happy vacation.

Correct, I needed to make space for the I/O panel so i decide to move it left more. Looking at it I think I didn't space the fan correctly. the lower fan will hit the PSU cover so I might end up patching the lower fan hole and leaving the upper fan hole as well I will leave some spot on the back end covered. 

My vacation will start soon which is nice but I picked a poor time to start my vacation I will not be able to finish the project so I leave it for now. I will every now and then come back to check up on the sight.

Fabius Bile

Fabius Bile

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Yes, probably the fan holes it's too near at the I/O's panel hole, in the Laser Hive back plate, the holes are left-most.

How long will your vacation?

Razzle_Dazzle

Razzle_Dazzle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Yes, probably the fan holes it's too near at the I/O's panel hole, in the Laser Hive back plate, the holes are left-most.

How long will your vacation?

Yeah i made sure the panel cleared before putting the back fan holes in. They are a little more down then I would have liked so I will adjust when I come back.

The vacation will be for a couple of months. My girlfriend and her roommate want to take me to places and to a Renaissance fair :) 

Fabius Bile

Fabius Bile

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Super vacation.
One friend of mine, he play fantasy rpg live, and build weapons & armour, once playing D&D and Vampire the Masquerade, now probably Games of Thrones.

Razzle_Dazzle

Razzle_Dazzle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Super vacation.
One friend of mine, he play fantasy rpg live, and build weapons & armour, once playing D&D and Vampire the Masquerade, now probably Games of Thrones.

I have friends who build and collect armor and my girlfriend roommate collect different swords :) I would love to rpg and I loved playing D&D when I was a teenager lol 

Fabius Bile

Fabius Bile

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

I still have the 1° editions D&D manuals (Base, Expert, Companion & Master) unfortunately Immortal has not been translated in italian :(
Now we play warhammer 40,000, Peter Pan syndrome XD

Fabius Bile

Fabius Bile

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Small steps forward:

View My Video

^_^

Razzle_Dazzle

Razzle_Dazzle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

hello my friend, it has been a long time since I was on here. Your power board mod looks awesome :) I am working none stop where I live in north dakota. Very good amount of jobs with great pay. I will eventually move again else where and drive back to my home state to gather my things as well as my G5 case mod :) I hope you keep up on your mod. I want to see your case when it is complete

Fabius Bile

Fabius Bile

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Hello, sorry if I answer late, i'm happy you are ok, in Italy job and a good pay do not get along :( .

Anyway, i have decided to open a window in the side of the case, laser hive have a kit for that.

In addition to, i want liquid cooled the PSU, i don't if is a good idea, but i want to try it.

Between 1 to 2 weeks, i end to work, and and I will continue the mod of the G5.

Bye

vbetts

vbetts

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

Honestly you are better off loading mosfets and high RPM fans on your PSU.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy