[HELP]How to disable ATI Radeon 8730m by patching dsdt from ssdts?

orsngepzr

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,a hacker from China;),so sorry for my bad English.

After working days and nights for 3 months,i have installed 10.9 successfully and make the most part of it work perfectly!

However,the f**king double Graphic Card design made it very hard for my OS X to get a long life without charger and alow temperature.

I have tried a lot,i know the codes to disable Radeon 8730m is Method(SGOF) in ssdt-3 and Method(_OFF) in ssdt-4.But i just don't know how to use it...

Here's my Hacking project:

Product Name:      SAMSUNG 730U3E/740U3E

Operate System:    Windows 8.1 Professonial X64( DirectX 11 )+OS X10.9

CPU:                     i5-3337U @ 1.80GHz                              

MotherBoard:        SAMSUNG_NP1234567890 (Ivy Bridge - HM76)

Memory:              6 GB ( SAmSUNG DDR3 1333MHz )

Hard Disk:            Samsung MZMTD128HAFV-000

Graphic:              AMD Radeon HD 8500M/8700M(device ID:0x6601)+HD 4000(work perfectly by clover)

Display:                CMN1343 (12.7inch)

Sound Card:          ALC269VC

Netwok Card:         RTL8168E+AR9285

I have already made a DSDT and patched some necessary codes such as DTGP、SHUTDOWN etcs.

There's no option in the BIOS to disable ATI.

Thanks a lot if anyone can give any advics or help!

XSDTs.rar

post-1296159-0-65898200-1393318613_thumb.png

post-1296159-0-35260500-1393318688_thumb.png

Copy all the files to your /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched folder (if you have Clover). Set dropOEM SSDT=true in config.plist, then install kexts here:

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-acpi-battery-driver/downloads

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-acpi-backlight/downloads

Thanks a lot.i can't download the kextes cause i am in China.....But it ddoesn't matter cause i have already sloved the brightness.

The big problem is that i can't boot with your dsdt,ssdt,ssdt-1,ssdt-2,it shutdown suddenly in -v mode.Then i replaced your ssdts by my own ssdt,then it stopped at AppleLMUController:smcReadKey received error 0x84 when reading key MSLD.i will change the SMBIOS to MBA5,2(MBP8,3 currently) then try again.

• 1 month later...

Hey,Why don't you post to YuanJing forum?

Well,I have done these jobs:

1.I remove the associational PEGP code to dsdt.

So,you shouldn't use original ssdts now.Just because I remove necessary code to dsdt.

You can use another way for power management. eg,CState and PState,or ssdtPRGen.sh.

2.Then,I call _OFF Method in Methond(_INI) and Method(_WAK).Usually,it should be worked.

3.I use ACPI 4.0 compiler to compile it.

4.And I think you shouldn't use dsdt to inject your HD4000.Just because your Method(_DSM) in Device (GFX0) is complex.

其实你在远景发帖也可以吧。 :-)

DSDT_Disable_Discrete_Graphic_Card.zip