Wi-Fi connections disabled, how to enable them?

wifi usb wifi hackintosh wifi usb dongle usb dongle z77-DS3H wifi TL-WN725N

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

oRISHi

oRISHi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi there, I'm building a Hackintosh for a friend of mine, and everything went fine except that I can't connect to internet. 

His board is a Z77-DS3H so I installed an Atheros ethernet fix. The strange thing is that all seems right, I even have a green light saying "Connected" in the network settings, but still can't navigate with Safari. I have a WiFi USB dongle, the TL-WN725N, and downloaded the right drivers from this page http://www.osx86.net...5n-v2-usb-wifi/ .

Here are some images; in one of them the WiFi option in is clearly blocked, I believe it's because when I installed the OS I selected the option "This computer connects to internet with an internal Ethernet card" (the WiFi option was also blocked back then).

I hope you can help me with this, thanks!

Attached File  1.JPG   78.3KB   4 downloads

Attached File  2.JPG   91.17KB   3 downloads

lpukraine

lpukraine

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

OS doesn't see your wifi dongle.. install correct kext for it and will work

oRISHi

oRISHi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I've already installed the correct kext, my Wifi dongle is the TL-WN725N v.2, wich has the Realtek chip RTL8188EUS, so I don't really know why this happens

Could it be that I'm trying to connect to a wi fi router with Windows XP?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wifi usb, wifi hackintosh, wifi usb dongle, usb dongle, z77-DS3H, wifi, TL-WN725N

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy