Terminal Say bindings

pete123

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

Can someone tell me how (or if it can't be done) to bind the terminal say function to a app or url? Like i want the mac to say "[www.]insanelymac[.com]" when i go to www.insanelymac.com

or when i open a app lets say "itunes" so when i open "itunes" i can hear the terminal speak it out loud

Hello,

Can someone tell me how (or if it can't be done) to bind the terminal say function to a app or url? Like i want the mac to say "[www.]insanelymac[.com]" when i go to www.insanelymac.com

or when i open a app lets say "itunes" so when i open "itunes" i can hear the terminal speak it out loud

Automator looks like it can do it for you it has a text to speech option so that in a workflow/application made with it opening say iTunes like you want will speak whatever you put in it then open the app.

open Terminal app and type

cd Desktop

touch test

nano

now copy and paste this code in terminal app,

#!/bin/bash

say -v Zarvox     hi     master  

sleep 1    

say  -v  Zarvox  how are you 

sleep 2

say                    fine       thanks

sleep 2

say  -v  Zarvox  open www.google.com

open -a Safari http://www.google.com

sleep 1

Killall Terminal

sleep1

quit

Once you have the code entered, hit cntrl-x and it will ask if you want to save. Hit y for yes, and it'll ask if you want to save it as test.sh. Hit enter. 

Now you need to ensure that the script has the proper permissions and is executable.

chmod a+x test

Then double-click on it and it works.