AppleHDA.kext and Laptop Subwoofer. AKA 2.1 audio.

Kuebeker

102 posts in this topic

I'm fine thank you. I have the G750JX too but my model is the one selling in México, but i think this will also works just right in your set up. Try it and let me know if you need any assistance.

Good Luck

Worked great thanks.  I keep getting black screen/reboot for 10.9.2, 10.9.3 and 10.9.4 have to rollback to NVDA 10.9.1 for the installer.  Any luck with Yosemite or we need nvda rollback for that to?

Do you still have your G74SX?  If so would you mind sharing your latest DSDT/SSDT/AppleHDA and Clover config?  I applied Coderush's PM patch to the Bios already.  Which version of OSX are you running on the G74SX?

Thanks

In Yosemite the Apple nvidia drivers works just fine I test this up to DP2. I don't have the G74SX any more but I can search for the last version I had.

Good luck

In Yosemite the Apple nvidia drivers works just fine I test this up to DP2. I don't have the G74SX any more but I can search for the last version I had.

Good luck

Great thanks.  That is good news about Yosemite.  Even though the Web drivers are ok I rather use the Apple Drivers.

I am trying to reference your AppleHDA for the G74SX and G750JX with Moline's drivers.

Here is it!!

Good luck

Hey Areos, could I get your Yosemite DP3 AppleHDA? Thanks again.  :)

Great thanks.  That is good news about Yosemite.  Even though the Web drivers are ok I rather use the Apple Drivers.

I am trying to reference your AppleHDA for the G74SX and G750JX with Moline's drivers.

And this is the latest AppleHDA I have for the G74SX

AppleHDA.kext.zip

AppleHDA.kext.G74SX.zip

• Like 1

Hello,

I buy a new G750JS . Are you using Clover if yes can you send me your DSDT and config please. i'll test appleHDA when it works.

I have 2 card graphic Intel 4600 and nvidia GTX870M. Do you know how to disable intel card? I don't see it in bios

Thanks

Hello,
I buy a new G750JS . Are you using Clover if yes can you send me your DSDT and config please. i'll test appleHDA when it works.
I have 2 card graphic Intel 4600 and nvidia GTX870M. Do you know how to disable intel card? I don't see it in bios

Thanks

Hi, I´m using clover, but my setup is a G750JX and is different so I don´t recommend using other DSDT but instead built your own. As I saw in the ROG forums you can´t disable optimus in your setup sorry, you need to use the intel card and disable Nvidia card using SSDT or DSDT patching for avoid power consumption.

Good Luck

Areos,

Thanks for the G74SX kext.   I tried the Yosemite DP3 HDA you attached and its not working for me on G750JX-DB71?   Have you installed DP4 yet and if so do you have the HDA for it?  Also left you a PM and post in the ROG forums.

Thanks

EDITED:

Not working because I am guessing they both need to go into the Exception List?  Not sure what format and ID string to add to the Info.plist.  Will search that one!!  I forgot to set dev mode in Clover.  Fixed now.

AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext has invalid signature; omitting.

AppleHDA.kext has invalid signature; omitting.

Hello AREOS.

i tested appleHDA from Mirone, it works on my g750js (Layout 3) http://olarila.com/files/10.9/Audio/AppleHDA_10.9.4//Laptop/ (spdif and subwofer doesn't work)

i tried with your kext but doesn't work

could you send me your dsdt please. i have a lot of error and warning in my dsdt, i think your dsdt will help me to fix it. 

thanks

Hey areos! How's it going? Any luck on getting the asus g75vw with the VIA VT1802 subwoofer working? Zack, does your microphone work? I can't seem to get it working as well as HDMI. 

he is fail with appleHDA but fully success with voodooHDA you can flow his topic

http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/6182-asus-g75vw/

and this is his newest voodooHDA for g75vw

1: HDMI and SPDIF are untested but should be fine

2: In order for the subwoofer to work, I had to have it as a separate association from the speakers, so you will see 2 speakers in the sound preferences. The first one is the main speakers and the second is the subwoofer.

3: Since the headphones shared the output node with the speakers, it had to be associated with them. So the headphones won't show up in the sound preferences until you plug it in and then it'll replace the first speakers.

4: Microphone works fine

5: Tried associating line in with the mic but it was a no go, so the line in appears separate from the mic and works fine this way.

Now for the tricky part. In order to get sound out of both the speakers and sub simultaneously, you need to do 2 things: 

1) Go to Audio Midi Setup in Utilities and create a new multi-output device

2) Check both speakers

3) Uncheck drift correction if it is automatically checked for you

4) Make sure both speakers under the multi-output device have the same sample rate (I'm using 48000hz)

5) Download sound flower here: https://code.google....6b.dmg&can=2&q=

6) Install it and restart

7) After reboot, go to 'Users and Groups' in system preferences, select 'login items', and add 'Soundflowerbed.app' to the list. It's located in the sound flower folder now in your Applications

8) Run soundflowerbed, click the icon and under Soundflower 2ch, select the multi-output device

9) Go to sound in system preferences and select 'Soundflower 2ch' as your output device and under sound effects, uncheck 'play feedback....' as it's laggy

You'll get full sound if you just select the multi-output device as your output device and not use sound flower, there's no master volume control. Soundflower gives you volume control that can be adjusted with the fn keys.

The only issue here is that when you plug in the headphones, if you don't change the output device manually, you'll get sound out of the headphones and the sub since the hps only disable the speakers. The remedy for this is to just select the hps with soundflower (which will still show up as speaker since soundflower doesn't update itself).

P/S: i sold my g75vw 1 day before i sent me newest voodooHDA for testing so i dont know it works or not. I bought G750js :D 

I got this method working and have an update for it. HDMI sound does work too leaving only SPDIF untested but should be working in theory.

Edited by Gringo Vermelho
Full quote removed. Please don't quote entire posts when replying directly below them.

he is fail with appleHDA but fully success with voodooHDA you can flow his topic

http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/6182-asus-g75vw/

and this is his newest voodooHDA for g75vw

1: HDMI and SPDIF are untested but should be fine

2: In order for the subwoofer to work, I had to have it as a separate association from the speakers, so you will see 2 speakers in the sound preferences. The first one is the main speakers and the second is the subwoofer.

3: Since the headphones shared the output node with the speakers, it had to be associated with them. So the headphones won't show up in the sound preferences until you plug it in and then it'll replace the first speakers.

4: Microphone works fine

5: Tried associating line in with the mic but it was a no go, so the line in appears separate from the mic and works fine this way.

Now for the tricky part. In order to get sound out of both the speakers and sub simultaneously, you need to do 2 things: 

1) Go to Audio Midi Setup in Utilities and create a new multi-output device

2) Check both speakers

3) Uncheck drift correction if it is automatically checked for you

4) Make sure both speakers under the multi-output device have the same sample rate (I'm using 48000hz)

5) Download sound flower here: https://code.google....6b.dmg&can=2&q=

6) Install it and restart

7) After reboot, go to 'Users and Groups' in system preferences, select 'login items', and add 'Soundflowerbed.app' to the list. It's located in the sound flower folder now in your Applications

8) Run soundflowerbed, click the icon and under Soundflower 2ch, select the multi-output device

9) Go to sound in system preferences and select 'Soundflower 2ch' as your output device and under sound effects, uncheck 'play feedback....' as it's laggy

You'll get full sound if you just select the multi-output device as your output device and not use sound flower, there's no master volume control. Soundflower gives you volume control that can be adjusted with the fn keys.

The only issue here is that when you plug in the headphones, if you don't change the output device manually, you'll get sound out of the headphones and the sub since the hps only disable the speakers. The remedy for this is to just select the hps with soundflower (which will still show up as speaker since soundflower doesn't update itself).

P/S: i sold my g75vw 1 day before i sent me newest voodooHDA for testing so i dont know it works or not. I bought G750js :D 

That sounds nice but I would rather use Applehda instead of Voodoohda for a more vanilla feel and usability. Thanks anyway

I got this method working and have an update for it. HDMI sound does work too leaving only SPDIF untested but should be working in theory.

Is this from using Applehda or using Lazzy's method?

Thanks lazzy. Unfortunately, we couldn't get applehda patched for this codec but successfully patched voodoohda. It may not be as vanilla as a patched applehda but it is much easier as you won't need to repatch it after each osx update. Its also far more customizable with the preference pane

Thanks lazzy. Unfortunately, we couldn't get applehda patched for this codec but successfully patched voodoohda. It may not be as vanilla as a patched applehda but it is much easier as you won't need to repatch it after each osx update. Its also far more customizable with the preference pane

I am using applehda at the moment and speakers and headphone jack work perfectly. My hdmi issue I know is just a dsdt edit away I just haven't had spare time to mess with it. Microphone doesn't yet work as well but it is possible. Would you like to try my applehda?

I am using applehda at the moment and speakers and headphone jack work perfectly. My hdmi issue I know is just a dsdt edit away I just haven't had spare time to mess with it. Microphone doesn't yet work as well but it is possible. Would you like to try my applehda?

Hi, do you have subwoofer working on your G73SW?

I don´t now what are you people doing, I give you my Full working AppleHDA for G750 JX/JH including Speaker with subwoofer, headphone, internal an external mic. For HDMI you just need to inject the right info using DSDT or EFI string if you are using Nvidia (inside G750JX, JH) if you are using Intel card (inside G750 JS/JZ) you will need the Toledas/PikerAlpha method. 

Good Luck

You got the subwoofer working? I'd like to give or a try if you can attach it

No I couldn't get it working. I only have the two regular speakers and headphones working for now. I asked if you wanted to try it since you said you couldn't get sound working with applehda.

Hi, do you have subwoofer working on your G73SW?

Not at this time, I am still trying to work on it but I'll let you know if I do.

I don´t now what are you people doing, I give you my Full working AppleHDA for G750 JX/JH including Speaker with subwoofer, headphone, internal an external mic. For HDMI you just need to inject the right info using DSDT or EFI string if you are using Nvidia (inside G750JX, JH) if you are using Intel card (inside G750 JS/JZ) you will need the Toledas/PikerAlpha method. 

Good Luck

Zack and me have a G75vw. Oldnapalm has a G73sw. That is why I asked to see whether or not it was possible with the alc269(g73sw) and the VT1802(G75vw) Also, I've tried hdmi dsdt patches but they disable my sound output through the speakers. If you could help I don't mind giving you a donation for your time.

I tried applehda patching first and I got everything working but the subwoofer. I quit on that idea when it got to the point that I was sure I had everything patched correctly yet the subwoofer still wouldn't work. So I switched to voodoohda which I've attached (with patched info.plist) if you want to use it. It has everything (including the subwoofer) working. Just don't forget to remove AppleHDA before installing it.

VoodooHDA.kext.zip

I tried applehda patching first and I got everything working but the subwoofer. I quit on that idea when it got to the point that I was sure I had everything patched correctly yet the subwoofer still wouldn't work. So I switched to voodoohda which I've attached (with patched info.plist) if you want to use it. It has everything (including the subwoofer) working. Just don't forget to remove AppleHDA before installing it.

I'll give it a try. But with applehda, did you have the microphone working?

Sound works nice but my internal microphone is not working. Is yours working?

I've noticed voodoohda doesn't remember the last used sound device after boot up. Do you have that problem or are you using sound flower? Other than that, the sound is very strong especially in conduction with Boom.

I've noticed voodoohda doesn't remember the last used sound device after boot up. Do you have that problem or are you using sound flower? Other than that, the sound is very strong especially in conduction with Boom.

EDIT: I got the sound values working on boot up. And it appears that my microphone problem is hardware related, so I'll have to open it up and see what's going on as the microphone doesn't work in windows as well. Thanks a lot for your work Zack!

Hey AREOS

Can you send me your unpatched dsdt. There are some things in your patched dsdt I am trying to figure out. It may be that our unpatched dsdt's are just different?

Thanks

hi aeros , Can you add spdif in/out in your kext g750 please

I try your code verb with PinConfigurator

01271C10 01271D01 01271EA0 01271F90 
01471C20 01471D01 01471E10 01471F90 01470C02 
01771C21 01771D01 01771E10 01771F90 
01871C40 01871D10 01871E81 01871F04 
01971CF0 01971D00 01971E00 01971F40 
01A71CF0 01A71D00 01A71E00 01A71F40 
01B71CF0 01B71D00 01B71E00 01B71F40 
01D71CF0 01D71D00 01D71E00 01D71F40 
01E71CF0 01E71D00 01E71E00 01E71F40 //spdif
02171C50 02171D10 02171E21 02171F04

why i can't see spdif ?

why you add this code ? 

01A71CF0 01A71D00 01A71E00 01A71F40
01B71CF0 01B71D00 01B71E00 01B71F40

can you explain please!

I am eventually going to look into patching the HDA myself but I would think its more involved than for example patching a DSDT.  Areos I see that you posted your DSDT patched in another thread.  Can I request an Unpatched one please. I want to compare both of our DSDT's.  I am thinking they will match 100%.  I use DiffMerge GUI to do that.

Thanks for your patience.