Brightness DSDT Patching

cjin5

73 posts in this topic

I attached the screenshot of the my /Extra. Thank you again. 

I know that already. I already looked at your bdmesg in ioreg. You need to look at the contents of your /Extra folder.

FYI: DSDT=/Extra doesn't work. The option must be used to identify the name of a *file*, not a directory. I would remove the option as it is not necessary in the case the DSDT is already in /Extra/dsdt.aml.

I attached the screenshot of my /Extra. Thank you again. 

post-1303494-0-58573400-1392942139_thumb.jpg

I attached the screenshot of the my /Extra. Thank you again. 

I attached the screenshot of my /Extra. Thank you again.

You certainly have a lot of partitions on your HDD:

Reading GPT partition 1, type DE94BBA4-06D1-4D40-A16A-BFD50179D6AC
Reading GPT partition 2, type C12A7328-F81F-11D2-BA4B-00A0C93EC93B
Reading GPT partition 3, type BFBFAFE7-A34F-448A-9A5B-6213EB736C22
Reading GPT partition 4, type E3C9E316-0B5C-4DB8-817D-F92DF00215AE
Reading GPT partition 5, type EBD0A0A2-B9E5-4433-87C0-68B6B72699C7
Reading GPT partition 6, type 48465300-0000-11AA-AA11-00306543ECAC
Reading GPT partition 7, type DE94BBA4-06D1-4D40-A16A-BFD50179D6AC
Reading GPT partition 8, type EBD0A0A2-B9E5-4433-87C0-68B6B72699C7
Reading GPT partition 9, type DE94BBA4-06D1-4D40-A16A-BFD50179D6AC
Are you certain you have this /Extra in the correct partition?

Also, there is something strange about your Chameleon bootloader. Is that an official/recent build?

You certainly have a lot of partitions on your HDD:

Reading GPT partition 1, type DE94BBA4-06D1-4D40-A16A-BFD50179D6AC
Reading GPT partition 2, type C12A7328-F81F-11D2-BA4B-00A0C93EC93B
Reading GPT partition 3, type BFBFAFE7-A34F-448A-9A5B-6213EB736C22
Reading GPT partition 4, type E3C9E316-0B5C-4DB8-817D-F92DF00215AE
Reading GPT partition 5, type EBD0A0A2-B9E5-4433-87C0-68B6B72699C7
Reading GPT partition 6, type 48465300-0000-11AA-AA11-00306543ECAC
Reading GPT partition 7, type DE94BBA4-06D1-4D40-A16A-BFD50179D6AC
Reading GPT partition 8, type EBD0A0A2-B9E5-4433-87C0-68B6B72699C7
Reading GPT partition 9, type DE94BBA4-06D1-4D40-A16A-BFD50179D6AC
Are you certain you have this /Extra in the correct partition?

Also, there is something strange about your Chameleon bootloader. Is that an official/recent build?

The Chameleon bootloader probably is legit. I need to check that.  The other thing is that  I installed Mac OS on a same hard drive as the windows. I need to set the bios to legacy to boot to Mac OS. if I set the bios to uefi, the Chimera bootloader will not appear. the laptop would boot directly to Windows. 

The Chameleon bootloader probably is legit. I need to check that.  The other thing is that 

I installed Mac OS on a same hard drive as the windows. I need to set the bios to legacy to boot to Mac OS. if I set the bios to uefi, the Chimera bootloader will not appear. the laptop would boot directly to Windows.

Official builds of Chameleon are here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/231075-chameleon-22svn-official-pkg-installer-binaries/

The header on yours looks strange.

You should also verify you don't have a case-sensitive file system or something like that...

Also be aware that DSDT/SSDT only load from the bootloader partition.

Current Chameleon header looks like:

Speedy-ML:Projects Admin$ bdmesg|head
Chameleon 2.2svn (svn-r2371) [2014-02-02 16:58:41]
msr(416): platform_info 60012200
msr(420): flex_ratio 000f0000
Unusable flex ratio detected. Patched MSR now 000e0000
Sticking with [BCLK: 99Mhz, Bus-Ratio: 34]
CPU: Brand String:             Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz
CPU: Vendor/Family/ExtFamily:  0x756e6547/0x6/0x0
CPU: Model/ExtModel/Stepping:  0x2a/0x2/0x7
CPU: MaxCoef/CurrCoef:         0x0/0x22
CPU: MaxDiv/CurrDiv:           0x0/0x0

I installed Mac OS on a same hard drive as the windows. I need to set the bios to legacy to boot to Mac OS. if I set the bios to uefi, the Chimera bootloader will not appear. the laptop would boot directly to Windows.

Official builds of Chameleon are here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/231075-chameleon-22svn-official-pkg-installer-binaries/

The header on yours looks strange.

You should also verify you don't have a case-sensitive file system or something like that...

Also be aware that DSDT/SSDT only load from the bootloader partition.

Current Chameleon header looks like:

Speedy-ML:Projects Admin$ bdmesg|head
Chameleon 2.2svn (svn-r2371) [2014-02-02 16:58:41]
msr(416): platform_info 60012200
msr(420): flex_ratio 000f0000
Unusable flex ratio detected. Patched MSR now 000e0000
Sticking with [BCLK: 99Mhz, Bus-Ratio: 34]
CPU: Brand String:             Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz
CPU: Vendor/Family/ExtFamily:  0x756e6547/0x6/0x0
CPU: Model/ExtModel/Stepping:  0x2a/0x2/0x7
CPU: MaxCoef/CurrCoef:         0x0/0x22
CPU: MaxDiv/CurrDiv:           0x0/0x0

OK. Thank you so much.  I will look into that and report back tomorrow.  I think that  I  am wasting too much of  your time.

OK. Thank you so much.  I will look into that and report back tomorrow.  I think that  I  am wasting too much of  your time.

OK... let me know what you find out and how you sorted out your bootloader config issue(s)...

OK... let me know what you find out and how you sorted out your bootloader config issue(s)...

Good Morning. I think after reinstall the official build of Chameleon, my ddst and ssdt are both loaded. I may know the reason why my graphic card does not offer acceleration. It might because when I boot up after installation of Mavericks. I was stuck on "missing bluetooth controller transport" error, so I input the single user command, 

Type:  mount -uw /

Type:  cd /System/Library/Extensions

Type:  mkdir intel_back

Type:  mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelF* intel_back/

Type:  touch ../Extensions

Yesterday, I was trying to reinstall all the AppleIntelHD*  from "Intel_back" folder using Kext Wizard and repaired  the permission, The graphic card is still not loaded. 

Good Morning. I think after reinstall the official build of Chameleon, my ddst and ssdt are both loaded. I may know the reason why my graphic card does not offer acceleration. It might because when I boot up after installation of Mavericks. I was stuck on "missing bluetooth controller transport" error, so I input the single user command, 

Type:  mount -uw /

Type:  cd /System/Library/Extensions

Type:  mkdir intel_back

Type:  mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelF* intel_back/

Type:  touch ../Extensions

Yesterday, I was trying to reinstall all the AppleIntelHD*  from "Intel_back" folder using Kext Wizard and repaired  the permission, The graphic card is still not loaded.

You need more than just AppleIntelHD*... also need AppleIntelFramebuffer*.

You need more than just AppleIntelHD*... also need AppleIntelFramebuffer*.

OK, I think AppleIntelFramebuffer* are in my Extension folder. Do I need to reinstall them? What is your suggestion for the next step? Do you think it is better to reinstall the Mavericks and start from scratch?

OK, I think AppleIntelFramebuffer* are in my Extension folder. Do I need to reinstall them? What is your suggestion for the next step? Do you think it is better to reinstall the Mavericks and start from scratch?

I would start from scratch. You do not need to remove the kexts to install. Use boot flags instead. With Chameleon you can activate HD4600 with IntelAzulFB=12 GraphicsEnabler=Y dart=0. Or you can go the "disable" strategy, with: GraphicsEnabler=N -x dart=0.

Note: dart=0 is a separate issue, but with symptoms that look almost exactly like a graphics problem. It is actually caused by VT-d being enabled.

I would start from scratch. You do not need to remove the kexts to install. Use boot flags instead. With Chameleon you can activate HD4600 with IntelAzulFB=12 GraphicsEnabler=Y dart=0. Or you can go the "disable" strategy, with: GraphicsEnabler=N -x dart=0.

Note: dart=0 is a separate issue, but with symptoms that look almost exactly like a graphics problem. It is actually caused by VT-d being enabled.

Do you think that I need to  reformat the drive? And does it matter with installation method I used? I am currently using the Niresh method

Do you think that I need to  reformat the drive? And does it matter with installation method I used? I am currently using the Niresh method

You should always reformat to get a fresh install.

And I would suggest you do a vanilla install. Using distros is a waste of time (yours and mine) and complete silliness...

And I would suggest you do a vanilla install. Using distros is a waste of time (yours and mine) and complete silliness...

Ok, I will try the vanilla method and report back the result.

Hi, I just did a fresh vanilla install and used different combination of boot flag, such as the ones which you had suggested. However, the boot always stuck at 'missing bluetooth controller transport". The only way to boot up was with the -x flag or any other flags combined with -x flag (e.g. -x GraphicEnabler=N dart=0). If I boot with these flags, the graphic card would not be recognized by the OS. Can you give me some guidance? Thanks again.

Hi, I just did a fresh vanilla install and used different combination of boot flag, such as the ones which you had suggested. However, the boot always stuck at 'missing bluetooth controller transport". The only way to boot up was with the -x flag or any other flags combined with -x flag (e.g. -x GraphicEnabler=N dart=0). If I boot with these flags, the graphic card would not be recognized by the OS. Can you give me some guidance? Thanks again.

Use latest Chameleon, then: IntelAzulFB=12 GraphicsEnabler=Y dart=0

If you have nvidia as well as HD4600, you will need to remove the nvidia kexts (NV*, Geforce*). And maybe SkipNvidiaGfx=Y.

If you have nvidia as well as HD4600, you will need to remove the nvidia kexts (NV*, Geforce*). And maybe SkipNvidiaGfx=Y.

I think that I installed latest chameleon (V2.2svn r2344) and I only have the on board hd 4600 graphic. I search through different forum and none of the solution seems to work except the single user command...

I think that I installed latest chameleon (V2.2svn r2344) and I only have the on board hd 4600 graphic. I search through different forum and none of the solution seems to work except the single user command...

Post a photo if the flags I gave did not work. Perhaps you forgot to install FakeSMC?

I don't know what do say. the laptop is booting without using any flag and I had not changed anything. But unfortunately, I am still in 1024x768 resolution and only 64 mb of vram even though the HD 4600 is being recognized (The kernel extension info still stating no kext loaded and I had put my old DDST and SSDT in the Extra folder). 

I don't know what do say. the laptop is booting without using any flag and I had not changed anything. But unfortunately, I am still in 1024x768 resolution and only 64 mb of vram even though the HD 4600 is being recognized (The kernel extension info still stating no kext loaded and I had put my old DDST and SSDT in the Extra folder).

The kext will not load without injecting ig-platform-id. You must use IntelAzulFB=12 (or some other value), GraphicsEnabler=Yes to set it (or DSDT patches, or Clover config.plist injection, or device-properties). And all HD5K drivers must be present.

The kext will not load without injecting ig-platform-id. You must use IntelAzulFB=12 (or some other value), GraphicsEnabler=Yes to set it (or DSDT patches, or Clover config.plist injection, or device-properties). And all HD5K drivers must be present.

I will try with different IntelZuIFB value from 1 to 15 with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and which DSDT would you suggest me to try?

I will try with different IntelZuIFB value from 1 to 15 with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and which DSDT would you suggest me to try?

I don't understand the question "which DSDT...?" The only DSDT you should be "trying" is one you've extracted from this same machine and patched yourself.

I don't understand the question "which DSDT...?" The only DSDT you should be "trying" is one you've extracted from this same machine and patched yourself.

Sorry. I wasn't clear. What I meant was which DSDT patch would you recommend trying?

For graphics? None. IntelAzulFB should work just fine.

Thanks for the clarification. Unfortunately, all the value of IntelAzulFB  (1-15) along with GraphicsEnabler=Yes did not work. I don't know the basis for BIOS. Is it possible that Lenovo locked that function?

Thanks for the clarification. Unfortunately, all the value of IntelAzulFB  (1-15) along with GraphicsEnabler=Yes did not work. I don't know the basis for BIOS. Is it possible that Lenovo locked that function?

Not sure what you mean by 'basis for BIOS... Lenovo locked'?

Make sure you used dart=0 as well. Is your trouble booting the installer or is this post install? Always boot verbose (-v), so you know what is happening. And post a pic of the result if you want further assistance.