Lenovo Ideapad Z710 - Installer reboots quickly

sharky9

47 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,  I was hoping I wouldn't run into issues installing Niresh's Mavericks image on my new Lenovo machine, but I don't get far into booting at all :-(   I took care of all the normal stuff beforehand, bios setup, AHCI, legacy boot support as opposed to UEFI, etc....

Booting into the flash drive gets me the Niresh menu.  Trying -v or -v -F -x and other flags gets me the same screen in a split second before it automatically reboots and goes back to the Niresh menu - it is really fast (2 seconds) so I had to take a picture with my camera for you all.  I'm bummed out, this new laptop looks really neat, but I hate Windows 8 and don't want to use it that way.  I have a fresh 1TB drive that I bought just for this Mac install :-(

Any help would be appreciated from you gurus, I hope there is an easy fix to get the installer to actually load.

Thanks,

Larry

post-1305056-0-87252400-1392771383_thumb.jpg

One more addition since I saw another line at the bottom of the screen before it quickly reboots and my camera's shutter didn't get it in the picture I posted - it's about the same as the last line in the picture, but the byte size is different:

[hd(0,1)/System/Library/Extensions.mkext] 15174552 bytes.

That is the last line before it instantly reboots.....without the -v, I get to see the white screen with apple logo for 2 seconds before the reboot....

One more addition - with countless google searches it appears the flag 'xpcm-free' solves the instant reboot....so the installer gets a little further now.  It dies about 30 seconds later on a 'Bios Type' of GUI screen that basically instructs you to power off your system since it's points to the power button, but the mouse still works....weird.

Darn, I want this to install!

Next option tried with the npci=0x3000 flag, got this panic:

Then seeing a panic referencing a cpu I tried the flag 'cpus=1' and get this error:

Still amazed I've spent 2 hours with this and can't even get the install screen to load show my hard disks to install to.  I tried this hackintosh about 4 years ago with a iDeneb release that worked on my HP laptop with AMD cpu.  Installed it once, it loaded, it rebooted and worked pretty much.

Fast forward 4 years with better hardware (that matches the HCL I was researching for weeks) and I can't even get the installation to come up :-(

post-1305056-0-11160000-1392779254_thumb.jpg

post-1305056-0-80888400-1392779347_thumb.jpg

Hello

with countless google searches it appears the flag 'xpcm-free' solves the instant reboot

Yes... maybe work, because Haswell CPU use XCPM...

Ok... i sent to you a solution to install OSX.. check this... RETAIL SOLUTION

If it doens't work... you'll have patch mach_kernel(XNU Kernel)

• Like 1

Now after playing with different flags it's "AGPM Controller Unsupported" before it locks up.  Argh, this is too frustrating.  I'm taking a break from this for the evening since I'm basically throwing darts at a board :-(

Hello

HD4600 is supported...

Try that solution i gave to you... no problems about HD4600

After do what you need do, please try boot with -v xpcm-free -f or just -v -f

Your mobo has UEFI? If it has... please try set your mobo to legacy_boot mode(non-UEFI), a guide: http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=4084

I'll download that other option you mentioned and try again tomorrow evening.  Thanks for the help, I'll hopefully update everyone with good news tomorrow.

On another note, when we do these typical hackintosh installs, are we able to do updates from apple such as 10.9.2 etc, or will the update screw up the hackintosh install?  Just curious....

thanks!

Hello

No... if you're using retail installation(that solution i gave to you is retail)and have a hack well configured, so... you can update without problem to 10.9.2, but if you have a bad configured hack.. i don't advice update...

Other thing... you have any Apple Computer(Macbook/iMac/MacPro)? I'll be necessary if you need patch kernel...

Hello

Damn! But don't worries...

Others things: Put your CPU model... just 4xxx isn't enough. put as in this example: i7-4700MQ.. Looking for some info in your notebook, or use Everest(Windows app)to know about CPU model

About your signature... just a thing: "HDD:1000GB"... 1000GB doens't exist, exist 1024GB/1TB.. Only something that I noticed, but without importance :)

All updated, and tell that to Seagate, as they label all of their solid state hybrid drives 1000GB lol....close enough though ;-)  I highly recommend the SSHD's to all laptop owners that use Photoshop as much as I do (Photographer).  Photoshopping RAW CR2 files can beat up normal platter drives with rugged frequent use.  I went through 3 different 500gb drives in one year's time frame before switching to the hybrids....now they run cooler and operate faster.  Photoshop proven results :-p

PimentelX86, the other retail you wanted me to download is even worse, it always reboots 3 seconds into booting.  It's like the xpcm-free tag isn't working like it does in Niresh's distro :-(

Hello

So you need patch mach_kernel... but this will be a hard job, because you don't have any Apple Computer or a PC with OSX installed... or you have?

Anyway... try this patched kernel: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=131161

Maybe this work, maybe not, because it isn't made for your CPU model

Just copy this to your usb stick, to root folder(1st folder)

After... come with news!

I do have a real Mac at home, it's just an older G5 PowerPC based; but if it's needed just to copy files to an HSFS file system like the Mac flash drive image...sure?

I'll give this a try in a little while and see how it works.  I assume since this is patched that the flag "xpcm-free" is not needed and to just go with flags "-v -f" and see if it works?

I booted with the patched mach_kernel with flags "-v -f" ; it definitely got further and didn't instantly reboot.  I saw misc errors on the screen as it scrolled, but it has been hung for the last 10 minutes at "Erp timer not specified, defaulting to 0x3840".....and nothing else has happened.

Hello

Ok let's patch your own kernel

Turn on the old Power Mac G5, take off box kkkkkkk Follow this steps:

Open the terminal and type:

cd /Volumes/Name of USB stick, that have OSX Mavericks/

Now copy this perl code:

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x74\x6c(\x48\x83\xc7\x28\x90\x8b\x05..\x5e\x00\x85\x47\xdc)\x74\x54(\x8b\x4f\xd8\x45\x85\xc0\x74\x08\x44\x39\xc1\x44\x89\xc1)\x75\x44(\x0f\x32\x89\xc0\x48\xc1\xe2\x20\x48\x09\xc2\x48\x89\x57\xf8\x48\x8b\x47\xe8\x48\x85\xc0\x74\x06\x48\xf7\xd0\x48\x21\xc2\x48\x0b\x57\xf0\x49\x89\xd1\x49\xc1\xe9\x20\x89\xd0\x8b\x4f\xd8\x4c\x89\xca)(\x0f\x30\x8b\x4f\xd8\x0f\x32\x89\xc0\x48\xc1\xe2\x20\x48\x09\xc2\x48\x89\x17\x48\x83\xc7\x30\xff\xce)\x75\x99(\x5d\xc3)\x90{7}|\x74\x73${1}\x74\x5b${2}\x75\x4b${3}\x66\x81\xf9\xe2\x00\x74\x02${4}\x75\x92${5}|g' mach_kernel

After that update cache:

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

This mini-guide can be found in my complete guide too: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/295587-power-management-for-sandyivy-bridgehaswell-cpus/

Okay, I'll try these steps on the original mach_kernel that was on the USB stick.  I thought this same process was already done to this patch I downloaded?  Maybe not, I'll try it anyway....stand by for a few.

Completed the two steps you mentioned:

sudo perl -pi -e ....  on the /USB mach_kernel

sudo touch System/Library/Extensions

Tried booting with -v -f again,

Same lockup location with the ErP timer complaint at the bottom of the screen, but I did notice some extra lines before that include:

IOPPF: XCPM mode

XCPM: P-state table mismatch (error: 0x1f)

X86PlatformShim::sendPStates - pmCPUControl (SCPMIO_SETPSTATETABLE) returned 0x1f

X86PlatformShim::start - Failed to send PStates

X86PlatformShim::start - Failed to send stepper

init

probe

start

DSMOS has arrived

[iOBluetoothHCIController]............

Network delay is not specified! Defaulting to 0x384

ErP Timer is not specified! Defaulting to 0x3840

I have my bios set for legacy boot mode, otherwise the USB drive won't boot at all.

I tried booting with Chamelon and the flags you stated and it stated something at the bottom of "CPU not supported" I recall....then the screen goes to that funky screen I had last night with Niresh's release where it shows a half screen GUI of the side profile of a laptop and instructing you to hit your power button....not good.

I just pulled down from the 'bay a copy of Niresh's 10.8.2 bootable DVD iso.  I might try that tomorrow since I heard all of the troubles of these new cpus started with 10.8.5 through 10.9.x.  I probably won't have much luck with that either, but I will give it a try nonetheless.  This is frustrating that I can't even get to an installation screen that will format my hard disk...argh.

Thanks,

Hello,

I'm also hackintoshing the Lenovo Idepad Z710 at the moment. After fixing some problems, 10.9.1 is running now. Currently I try to fix display brightness (DSDT... I don't know if it will work. I got some erros in MaciASL).

Unfortunately I don't have the time to explain the hackintoshing processes for this laptop in detail at the moment. A detailed description will follow. But the first things I can say are

- switch to Legacy in Bios

- disable WLAN in Bios (won't work anyway, because there's no WLAN-card on the whitelist of this laptop which is supported by OSX... I use Edimax USB-Stick which works fine)

Then follow this instructions about patching mach_kernel: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293503-haswell-early-reboot-mavericks-locked-msrs-and-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq/

If you've done this, Mavericks 10.9.1 will run on your laptop.

I'll be back soon for more...