Should I enable my HD4000?

Hackmodford

2 posts in this topic

Is there any benefit to getting both of my graphics cards working? I currently have my GTX 760 working fine with HDMI audio.

If I remove the card from the board I can use the HD4000 wihout any issues (don't remember if HDMI audio still works, but it was at one point)

If I "enable" the internal graphics (instead of auto) I get a kernel panic that looks like a framebuffer issue. I think it's the same issue this guy is getting http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/296122-please-help-me-with-a-kernel-panic/

I don't have any plans of using the onboard graphics but I'm curious if I'm missing out on anything, like, I don't know... proper cpu power management?

I also have a little OCD problem,  :hyper: where I do like EVERYTHING to work right even if I don't plan on using it, but I have to weigh the effort/benefit of the situation. 

Is it a simple option I have to turn on in Clover? Or do I have to do some DSDT edits?

Thanks guys  :)

I had to set the primary display in BIOS to be IGPU and turn Enable Internal Graphics to On instead of Auto. 

I also had to connect a display to the onboard graphics and both of them showed up.

But are there any benefits to this setup?