Asus Z87-K Mavericks Installation Guide

GFreak

5 posts in this topic

After several attempts, I have successfully installed Mavericks on ASUS Z87-K, with everything working, in order, with a GPT partition.

Configuration:

• ASUS Z87-K motherboard
  • Core i7 (4770)
  • nVidia 650 Ti

Steps:

1. Prepare the installation flash drive, using myHack - (using an existing Mac or Hackintosh, with Mavericks app [or] installESD.dmg); choose default options for most myHack prompts. Choose No for MBR Patch prompt.

2. Get the mach_kernel file from this thread: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293503-haswell-early-reboot-mavericks-locked-msrs-and-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq/

3. Overwrite the mach_kernel on the installation flash drive using the mach_kernel downloaded.

4. Boot with the USB flash drive. At the Chameleon prompt, select the USB flash drive and type GraphicsEnabler=No -v

5. After landing in the Mavericks installation screen, select the language and select Utilities->Disk Utility. Create a GPT partition in the target drive and erase the partition using Mac OS Extended (Journaled) format. Make sure this is the primary partition and Boot is enabled for the partition.

6. Exit the Disk Utility. Install Maverics.

7. Once the installation is complete, dont press restart. Click Utilities->Terminal. cd to /Volumes/<your_flash_drive_name>

8. Execute this from terminal: cp mach_kernel /Volumes/<your_target_drive_name>/

9. Exit terminal. Allow restart (or restart from menu).

10. Boot using the flash drive again. At the Chameleon prompt, select your target drive and type GraphicsEnabler=No -v

11. Complete name, password and other start-up formalities.

12. Once in OSX home screen, double click on myHack app (in the Application folder, in Finder). Choose - Install Chameleon Boot Loader and select your target drive. (myHack would have done this already, during installation - but it is a bit hit and miss!).

13. Download Realtek 8111 kext from here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/88-realtekrtl8111-binaryzip/

14. Use Kext Utility/Kext Wizard to install Realtek 8111 kext

15. Use Chameleon Wizard to install MacPro 5.1 profile (SMBIOS)

16. To get the audio working, use this: (or) use Mul___st.

17. Edit /Extra/Org.chameleon.Boot.plist using TextEdit and change GraphicsEnabler=No (default is Yes)

Thats all. You can remove the flash drive and boot to your new OSX drive. Everything should be working.

Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...

hi, I follow your guide to hackintosh my asus z87 plus, do you have speedstep working? mine stuck at x34. and when remove nullcpupowermanagement.kext from s/l/e I get freezing after 2minute usage. Do your hackintosh install with nullcpupowermanagement or not?

thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...