ram: 8gb gskill rip jaw (4 2gb sticks)
cpu:amd 965 phenom x4 black edition

Now im trying to dual boot windows 8 and osx on my lapop

Specs

HP ENVY 17-j029nr

Cpu: i7-4702MQ

Memory: 8GB DDR3

HD: 1 TB 5400 rpm SATA

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M (Dedicated)

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Onboard)

Optical drive: Blu-ray player/SuperMulti DVD burner

http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/Laptops/HP-ENVY/E0K90UA;pgid=Z05gRJtWmw9SRpYnCtRgdAhl0000BwzHS7H8;sid=4QvC3TU98yXY3WfDdlqVXewy0aT-SbKxq8qJ-39iZoeIHLu8ldpkIntz?HP-ENVY-17-j029nr-Quad-Edition-Notebook-PC

How can i dul boot windows 8 and any version of osx. Ive searched for hours can seem to find the right answer. Its seems like anything lion and up support haswel i7s. But every guide i find says to install leopard 1st but there isnt any haswell support on leopard.

Can someone guide me in the right direction. Thanks

Hello

Its seems like anything lion and up support haswel i7s. But every guide i find says to install leopard 1st but there isnt any haswell support on leopard.

I just see that you got many useless infos...

Haswell CPU is only support in ML 10.8.5 and in MV 10.9.x

This Desktop with AMD CPU won't be easy, because AMD support doesn't have support in OSX... I advice install in this notbook that have Haswell CPU(i7-4702MQ)

So let's install OSX in this notebook....

First of all: I gave to you a solution to install OSX.. check this.

Second: Your Notbook has 2 graphics, integrated(HD4600) and dedicated(GT750M).... you need disable Dedicated graphic in Bios and use integrated, because optimus technology isn't support in OSX....

Other thing: I advice use Chameleon(it's more easy bootloader than Clover)so... set you mobo for legacy_boot mode and disable UEFI mode to use Chameleon....

For now... focuse in install OSX

To install Windows+OSX in legacy boot you need:

*Create 2 partitions(first OSX, second Win)

*Choose GUID table

*Choose Mac OSX Journaled as OSX format

*Choose MS-DOS FAT as Win format

After install OSX, install Windows

If you like my help, please give me a like

• Like 4

Hello

Actually, I'd advise using Clover. Despite being a bit more difficult to setup, you'll avoid the nightmare of patching the Kernel for lapic and Haswell power management.

Clover is great, but like i always say...is more complex....

for a beginner is hard undestand it....

So i advice Chameleon... Lapic Kernel isn't hard to solve.... and Haswell PM almost doesn't have any difference of Ivy PM.... my guide teach this: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/295587-power-management-for-sandy-and-ivy-bridger/

The problem is in XCPM kernel(locked), but we can just patch kernel and... voalá.. Haswell CPU working 100%

@fastbackb16

Because currently DVD is useless... USB is more usefull

I gave to you a solution to install OSX,so... is a bootable image, ready to boot(100% retail)

• Like 4

Hello

Clover is great, but like i always say...is more complex....

for a beginner is hard undestand it....

So i advice Chameleon... Lapic Kernel isn't hard to solve.... and Haswell PM almost doesn't have any difference of Ivy PM.... my guide teach this: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/295587-power-management-for-sandy-and-ivy-bridger/

The problem is in XCPM kernel(locked), but we can just patch kernel and... voalá.. Haswell CPU working 100%

@fastbackb16

Because currently DVD is useless... USB is more usefull

I gave to you a solution to install OSX,so... is a bootable image, ready to boot(100% retail)

so basicly when ever i have the usb plugged in thats what osx will boot off of and be stored on?

Hello

Ask some confuse, but... i think yes... You'll copy the image to your usb stick and the image will overwrite everything in usb...

Like i said... set your mobo for legacy_Bios.... set it in Bios: http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=4084

After partition the HDD like i taught:

*Create 2 partitions(first OSX, second Win)

*Choose GUID table

*Choose Mac OSX Journaled as OSX format

*Choose MS-DOS FAT as Win format

After that install Chameleon and configure it: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/295630-instala%C3%A7%C3%A3o-e-configura%C3%A7%C3%A3o-do-chameleon-bootloader/

Problems with boot post in here the problems...

• Like 3

Hello

Did you read the guide i gave to you via PM? I think not. In this guide have a bootable image(ready to boot,isn't necessary add nothing, just copy to usb and boot)

You can make this in Windows, because this guide was done for Windows users...

• Like 2

Hello

Wrong... We don't give support to toymac's tools, see my signature to knw why

What you really want? You want install OSX+Win in same HDD?

I gave t you in posts above how to proceed with installation...

After install OSX and install Windows, boot with usb tick and boot with OSX partition...

After that, install Chameleon and configure it, guide to configure: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/295630-instala%C3%A7%C3%A3o-e-configura%C3%A7%C3%A3o-do-chameleon-bootloader/

translate the guide for your language

After get power management with this guide: www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/295587-power-management-for-sandyivy-bridgehaswell-cpus/

Read everything carefully.

• Like 2