mavericks on hp sleekbook

daniel2183

35 posts in this topic

thanks will try it now.

should i be delteing the other kext's as i go or is it ok to keep adding them? obviously i will delete the ones that caused kp.

tried the 2nd link but still same error "still waiting for rooot device" but i havent delete the previous kext's you and ifire linked to. apart fromt he one that caused kernal panic

You have to manually grab your device id and insert it. With a new board, there is no way an old patched kext has it.

Hi rals2007,

I'm a bit new to the hackintosh scene .

I don't suppose you could tell me how I do this ? Or point me in the direction if a tutorial .

Many thanks

Since you dont have AHCI, do you at least have RAID? If none, then you probably need patch applepiixtata ( not just plist, but binary patch).

EDIT: base on the specs you specified, its not ATA, so scratch that.

Which method of installing did you use? Check you controller's device id, like windows.

• Like 1

Since you dont have AHCI, do you at least have RAID? If none, then you probably need patch applepiixtata ( not just plist, but binary patch).

EDIT: base on the specs you specified, its not ATA, so scratch that.

Which method of installing did you use? Check you controller's device id, like windows.

i used this method http://www.insanelym...-for-beginners/ got as far as part 4.

how do i check my controllers device id?

try this app from windows and take a screenshot and post here, your disk is a SSD ?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rjlys3qm8jtdpj1/SystemInfo.zip

I dont have windows on the laptop im trying to install on. not ssd.

Add this with your current flag: debug=8 ahcidisk=1

added in the flags but same error , but some extra lines of txt.

post-1301503-0-80964100-1392652161_thumb.jpg