I'm co-founder of Bubble, a small start-up in SF, we're currently developing an API that enables you to :
- detect if two phones with the same app are nearby, EVEN IF THE APPS ARE IN THE BACKGROUND
- exchange data with people around you
- send push notifications to users nearby.
Simple examples :
- exchange virtual currency / objects with people around you
- automatically create a leaderboard based on the people you came across
- get a push notification if you come across someone who is playing the same game as you. (with his highscore? )
What do you think ?
We believe a lot can come from this, and we're looking for beta testers !