Can't fix sleep

DapperDuck

12 posts in this topic

Hello dear users,

I have one last problem with my Hackintosh, I can't get it to sleep. Whenever I set it too sleep the screen goes black but the pc stays on.

Specs:

i5 4670k

GTX 780

12 Gb memory

Mobo: Asus B85M-E

I hope someone can help me fix this issue.

Thanks!

With that kernel extension your computer will not be able to sleep because it stops the power management for the cpu.

There should be a guide somewhere on this forum for getting native power management for a haswell cpu working. I'm not sure where it is though... someone should be able to help :)

I know some of the steps.

1. You can't have the nullcpupowermanagent.kext

2. You will need to use a smbios that is compatible with your processor.

3. You will most likely need to use the -xcpm boot flag (it requires the correct smbios though)

3. You will most likely need to generate a ssdt for your processor. see: https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh

What bootloader are you using?

With that kernel extension your computer will not be able to sleep because it stops the power management for the cpu.

Interesting. I will remove the kext when I can. Will let you notify if it fixed my problem! Hope it does ^^

But it seems to simple to me :(

Ah well, we'll see about that!

EDIT: Thank you. I use the latest Chimera.

Uhm I've got a Haswell CPU so... don't know if it's too new or something? Like there are no guides for it and stuff?

Okay 1 problem.

This forum will not support Tonymac stuff: see http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/

I suggest you pm me on the tonymac forums. (I have the same username there)

If you disable/remove the nullcpupowermanagement.kext I'm not sure if you will be able to boot (I don't have a haswell system) so be careful / prepared to restore the file or os.

Well, I've reininstalled OS X and followed your steps but all did not work.

Here's the problem better described:

When I choose sleep, my monitor goes black.
Then, my DVD drive makes the "boot" sound and the PC goes off. Then, it goes on for like 1 second. Then it goes immediately off, then it goes on with the DVD drive making a hard, rough sound like there are 2 DVD's in the drive...and it goes of... then, for the last time, it makes the same noise and the pc restarts completely.

I hope that's enough info you guys need from me...